Sent in my apps- Regret not writing "Why X"...How to Fix? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
peterb0y

Bronze

Sent in my apps- Regret not writing "Why X"...How to Fix?

Post by peterb0y » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:45 pm

I didn't write a why Mich or why Penn, but Im now hearing that for those particular schools these essays are important (i figured my DS would be enough). Anyways, how do I fix this? Can I write the essays and just email them to the schools? Also, I found out I have legacy at Mich... can I somehow incorporate this into my Why Mich? Essay? Thanks!

fugitivejammer

Bronze

Re: Sent in my apps- Regret not writing "Why X"...How to Fix?

Post by fugitivejammer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 pm

ميشيل عفلق wrote:...
does your name say michelle in arabic?

peterb0y

Bronze

Post by peterb0y » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

anyone?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I think you can just write the essays and email them to the schools. If you look around for old threads I'm sure this has been asked and answered before.

In regards to you being a legacy, it depends what kind of legacy? Did your dad go there or was it your aunt's husbands stepdad's brother? Make sure if you include it in your essay that you do so tactfully.

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

peterb0y

Bronze

Post by peterb0y » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:I think you can just write the essays and email them to the schools. If you look around for old threads I'm sure this has been asked and answered before.

In regards to you being a legacy, it depends what kind of legacy? Did your dad go there or was it your aunt's husbands stepdad's brother? Make sure if you include it in your essay that you do so tactfully.
Thanks for the reply man, I was wondering if I was gonna get any serious ones the way this thread was going. My mom's cousin went to the school, I was thinking about structuring the Why X essay as such:
Paragraph 1: I wanna go to X, because of A, B, C
Paragraph 2: I have a firsthand understanding of how prepared graduates of X are, because my 2nd cousin, who graduated their, is highly successful. I attribute their success to the quality education of

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:41 pm

peterb0y wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:I think you can just write the essays and email them to the schools. If you look around for old threads I'm sure this has been asked and answered before.

Thanks for the reply man, I was wondering if I was gonna get any serious ones the way this thread was going. My mom's cousin went to the school, I was thinking about structuring the Why X essay as such:
Paragraph 1: I wanna go to X, because of A, B, C
Paragraph 2: I have a firsthand understanding of how prepared graduates of X are, because my 2nd cousin, who graduated their, is highly successful. I attribute their success to the quality education of
No problem! That sounds like a great way to incorporate legacy into your Why X. Once you're done writing it you can have people look it over to make sure that it came out well. Also, I agree with what Kili said about calling the schools regarding emailing the essays.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”