LSAC Report Error

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cmk

LSAC Report Error

Postby cmk » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm

I just noticed something odd about my LSAC Academic Report. It has listed that I attended the same college all four years of undergraduate when that is not the case. I went to a major university that is made up of multiple colleges. In the middle of my sophomore year I did an internal transfer to a different college within the university. The process I underwent to do this was literally like transferring to a different university altogether: I had to fill out a transfer application, have my transcript sent to the new college, etc etc. My official transcript lists both of these colleges, specifying that I transferred. LSAC seems to have missed that when interpreting my transcript because it lists the college that I graduated from as the one I attended all four years. My issue is that on every application I listed both colleges I attended separately. Do you guys think this will be a problem?

Sorry if this is a little complicated. Thanks!

bdubs

Re: LSAC Report Error

Postby bdubs » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm

cmk wrote:I just noticed something odd about my LSAC Academic Report. It has listed that I attended the same college all four years of undergraduate when that is not the case. I went to a major university that is made up of multiple colleges. In the middle of my sophomore year I did an internal transfer to a different college within the university. The process I underwent to do this was literally like transferring to a different university altogether: I had to fill out a transfer application, have my transcript sent to the new college, etc etc. My official transcript lists both of these colleges, specifying that I transferred. LSAC seems to have missed that when interpreting my transcript because it lists the college that I graduated from as the one I attended all four years. My issue is that on every application I listed both colleges I attended separately. Do you guys think this will be a problem?

Sorry if this is a little complicated. Thanks!

No, it shouldnt be a big deal. The schools get a copy of your real transcripts along with the academic summary report.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:48 pm

The ASR is organized by school codes. So if the overall university only has 1 code and share it between all the colleges then that's how it will show. It probably isn't a problem as long as the degree/transcript match up. Summary report is only a "summary".

cmk

Postby cmk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks for the info!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”