Timeline to hear back for spring admissions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
merc280

Silver

Timeline to hear back for spring admissions

Post by merc280 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:09 pm

I applied to South Texas college of law end of sept for spring 2011 admission and was waiting for my Oct score to come back so they could review my file. My file has been complete for a few weeks now and I still havent heard back from them. When I called to ask about my status they said I would hear back by the end of nov. Since their office is closed till the 29th I'm guessing that's when I'll probably hear from them

Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard back yet? Do they usually tell the applicants they are going to reject their decision after along time or could I still be accepted? My grades for both Gpa and LSAT were at 25%tile. But signed up to retake in December.

txadv11

Silver

Re: Timeline to hear back for spring admissions

Post by txadv11 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm not sure what to say. I applied to Baylor's spring program and haven't heard back either. I do know that out of 20ish schools on my LSAC "school list" the only one that wasn't available by early October was South TX (for fall). I would give it at least another week, if not 2 or even 3 before worrying. http://southtexas.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants Given the fact that the people just now accepted on LSN had applied back in August, I would assume you are in the queue.

On a side note- if you are retaking in December, does the school know that? They may have deferred your application to Fall (by mistake) ?

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:18 pm

They said they were reviewing my application and would tell me before The end of november. Most people on lsn that haven't heard back are applying for fall. I registered for the December LSAT the day before the deadline so I doubt they know about that.

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:07 pm

What I meant was that the 3 people showing "accepted" on lsn applied in August/September. The fall application wasn't even available until like Nov. 10, therefore they must have applied for spring 2011, and they are just recently getting decisions made. I believe you will hear back soon. Good luck, I may end up seeing you there (in fall).

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Do you know if they usually accept people who are at the 25%tile gradewise? I really hope i get in just to take the pressure off of this whole application process

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:08 am

If you are 25% LSAT and 25% GPA at basically any school the odds are against you (statistically 3/4 admitted applicants have better numbers, and thats just on one criteria). I know they have a part-time program, and typically the numbers are lower for people in PT vs. FT. When in doubt: http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”