Application Problem and Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
powken

Application Problem and Question

Postby powken » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Okay, so here is my problem. I currently have three Class C Misdemeanors on my record, which all occurred when I was 17 years old. I am 21 now. DUI which was thrown out because the officer did not show up to court. Disorderly Conduct and a MIP which were both deferred.

The legal process is currently being done to get all three of them expunged. They have been filed with the court but unfortunately it takes time and there is a waiting period for objections. The estimated date unless something is changed (lawyer currently trying to get it moved up, we'll see) is Jan. 21st roughly. Since most deadlines are March 1st that is my problem.

My question is whether I should go ahead and apply, as I was planning before I knew the date, which was going to be either late December or early January but with those Misdemeanors on my record and would have to write a addendum for each of them. Or if it would be better to wait until they are expunged in late January and hopefully then have all my applications done by very late January. I know many admissions are rolling, so I was just wondering what anyone thought the best route would be.

Not sure if it matters but I am wanting to go to UofHouston, but applying to most Texas schools, Tulane, LSU, UNC, and American. GPA 3.55 and LSAT was 161. I know some of the schools are a reach but worth a try.

Thanks for any help on what I should do.

QuailMan

Re: Application Problem and Question

Postby QuailMan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:57 pm

my first reaction is don't assume that you wont have to write an addendum just because they get expunged. Different schools have different standards. Check, call addmissions (you dont have to give them your name when you ask) but don't get caught violating the rules otherwise you most certainly wont have a chance.

powken

Re: Application Problem and Question

Postby powken » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:12 pm

K thank you I will make sure to find out the details regarding that. But anybody else have any suggestions or opinion?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”