Typos in resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glitched

Typos in resume

Postby glitched » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 am

how picky are they about typos? I submitted my apps earlier and saw on my resume just now that there appears to be no space between two of my words - so it looks like this "originallyestimated" but when i was typing it on doc at 100% view it looked like this "originally estimated" because I made the space a slightly smaller font size because it looked odd before. but when blown up - it's almost as if there is no space. It's a little late right now and i should sleep lol i guess paranoia is exemplified by tiredness. By tomorrow morning I might just realize my foolishness and remove this post.

BUT REALLY - HOW PICKY ARE THEY? If very much so that this will actually have some type of impact no matter how minor, then i will go and message the schools. if this is NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL AND I NEED TO STOP WORRYING SO MUCH, then i will go on peacefully for the next few weeks.

Lastly, Kanye West's new album. Get it. :)

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Typos in resume

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:03 am

leeronalda wrote:how picky are they about typos? I submitted my apps earlier and saw on my resume just now that there appears to be no space between two of my words - so it looks like this "originallyestimated" but when i was typing it on doc at 100% view it looked like this "originally estimated" because I made the space a slightly smaller font size because it looked odd before. but when blown up - it's almost as if there is no space. It's a little late right now and i should sleep lol i guess paranoia is exemplified by tiredness. By tomorrow morning I might just realize my foolishness and remove this post.

BUT REALLY - HOW PICKY ARE THEY? If very much so that this will actually have some type of impact no matter how minor, then i will go and message the schools. if this is NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL AND I NEED TO STOP WORRYING SO MUCH, then i will go on peacefully for the next few weeks.

Lastly, Kanye West's new album. Get it. :)

Typos are bad. Fix it, email the schools, and ask that they use the updated version you've attached.

WithoutMe

Postby WithoutMe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

That's pretty major. From my understanding putting a comma in the wrong spot is pretty minor but misspelling words is up there on the list.

Chants

Postby Chants » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Less of a misspelled word and more of an editing error. All anyone can tell you is what you already know. If noticed, it won't help anything, but it probably won't hurt. It isn't a major issue. A missing space between two words certainly isn't ding worthy. Adcomms aren't unsympathetic monsters. Get some sleep.

and don't draw attention to it by resending.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm

It's probably not that huge of a deal. It won't make the difference. If it will make you more comfortable, send them an 'updated' one, but don't point to the fact that the update is an edit.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”