If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby jwmalone87 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 pm

...how long did it take from when your professor mailed it in until it showed up on your account? How long can the processing take this time of year?

My professor mailed mine last Tuesday and I still don't have anything. I know there's probably a backlog right now, but I need to prepare for worst case scenarios since the semester is winding down and face-to-face access with my recommender will be limited. I also really don't trust the LSAC to do much of anything correctly.

User avatar
DukeCornell
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby DukeCornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 pm

It took mine about a week to post. Good luck!

xyzzzzzzzz
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:...how long did it take from when your professor mailed it in until it showed up on your account? How long can the processing take this time of year?

My professor mailed mine last Tuesday and I still don't have anything. I know there's probably a backlog right now, but I need to prepare for worst case scenarios since the semester is winding down and face-to-face access with my recommender will be limited. I also really don't trust the LSAC to do much of anything correctly.


Mine took two weeks after it was mailed for the second time. I advise calling- 1 lsac rep was willing to help me out gave me a personal fax number.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby jwmalone87 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Mine took two weeks after it was mailed for the second time. I advise calling- 1 lsac rep was willing to help me out gave me a personal fax number.

Yikes...I've been hearing anything from a week to two weeks or more, but I really don't get how these kinds of disparities can exist. We're left completely in the dark on what to do.

gerbal
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby gerbal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 am

my first one took 10 days (from when the prof sent it) to post. My second one, it's been roughly 5 days, hasn't posted yet...I just need this last one to get in to send my apps in...

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby ahduth » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am

My LOR faxes took about 24 hours to post. Unless my recommenders were lying to me about when they faxed them in. Which would mean they had actually faxed them in earlier than when they told me. Which would be... eerie.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 am

The instructions on the LSAC website actually discouraged me from faxing mine, but it seems to be the fastest/least painful way to do it. If it's not posted by the end of the week, I'm doing that.

I and others are probably interested in some more responses. Thanks a bunch, guys.

xyzzzzzzzz
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: If the LSAC has processed your LOR recently...

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 am

jwmalone87 wrote:The instructions on the LSAC website actually discouraged me from faxing mine, but it seems to be the fastest/least painful way to do it. If it's not posted by the end of the week, I'm doing that.

I and others are probably interested in some more responses. Thanks a bunch, guys.


The same letter that I mentioned, was also faxed twice. But otoh I had a letter faxed and posted next day before that. There really doesn't seem to be much consistency, seeing as how people have had mixed results. I for one, seemed to have particularly bad luck.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests