Submitting new things

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
catsparka

Submitting new things

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Is it generally okay to submit additional material (e.g. addenda or DS) after going UR? What about an updated PS? (That is, suppose that after submitting apps, I change my PS to make it PS+, which is noticeably better than the original PS. Is it okay/worth it to submit PS+ as an 'update'?)

Thanks!

Sinra

Re: Submitting new things

Postby Sinra » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:25 pm

catsparka wrote:Is it generally okay to submit additional material (e.g. addenda or DS) after going UR? What about an updated PS? (That is, suppose that after submitting apps, I change my PS to make it PS+, which is noticeably better than the original PS. Is it okay/worth it to submit PS+ as an 'update'?)

Thanks!

I had no problem submitting an addendum. But I wouldn't submit a new PS when you're under review. I believe some schools (like Michigan I think?) don't replace your old materials but add the new stuff in addition to your file. So I'd be careful. Don't you have amazing numbers? Don't worry about your PS+.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Sinra wrote:
catsparka wrote:Is it generally okay to submit additional material (e.g. addenda or DS) after going UR? What about an updated PS? (That is, suppose that after submitting apps, I change my PS to make it PS+, which is noticeably better than the original PS. Is it okay/worth it to submit PS+ as an 'update'?)

Thanks!

I had no problem submitting an addendum. But I wouldn't submit a new PS when you're under review. I believe some schools (like Michigan I think?) don't replace your old materials but add the new stuff in addition to your file. So I'd be careful. Don't you have amazing numbers? Don't worry about your PS+.

Thanks for the advice! :)

deja

Postby deja » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Sinra wrote:

Thanks!

I had a similar situation where I had to submit an additional addendum. Most schools said they would just add it rather than replace my previous one. One made it sound like they were going to add our email correspondence to my file as well, so that may be worth considering.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 pm

deja wrote:

I had a similar situation where I had to submit an additional addendum. Most schools said they would just add it rather than replace my previous one. One made it sound like they were going to add our email correspondence to my file as well, so that may be worth considering.

Hmm, okay. Thanks! :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”