Stanford - "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HopefulFish

Stanford - "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review"

Postby HopefulFish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Does anybody know the Stanford review process? Is being submitted for review same as under review, or will I receive a new update with "Under Review"?

bdubs

Re: Stanford - "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review"

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 am

HopefulFish wrote:Does anybody know the Stanford review process? Is being submitted for review same as under review, or will I receive a new update with "Under Review"?

I don't know how the status checker changes (or doesn't change), I think the existence of a checker for Stanford may actually be new this year. Either way, you and I will be waiting for quite a while to hear anything from Palo Alto. Earliest decisions start coming out in earnest in January with a particularly long and drawn out cycle that lasts all the way into April.

DeepSeaLaw

Re: Stanford - "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review"

Postby DeepSeaLaw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am

bdubs wrote:
I don't know how the status checker changes (or doesn't change), I think the existence of a checker for Stanford may actually be new this year. Either way, you and I will be waiting for quite a while to hear anything from Palo Alto. Earliest decisions start coming out in earnest in January with a particularly long and drawn out cycle that lasts all the way into April.

Not quite true. Last year, they admitted some people in early December. I'm not sure how many, but besides my numbers I wasn't a particularly standout applicant, so I don't think it's just absurd Rhodes-type candidates. You're right, though, that it's a slow trickle for the most part.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”