LSAT Addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Gotti

LSAT Addendum?

Postby Gotti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 pm

I hope this isn't a stupid question...but I have a 3.95 from UCI and have worked 20-30 hours per week since my sophomore year plus I've had a job (or 2) every summer since after my first year.

I got a 164 on my LSAT which sucks bc i was PTing at 166+

I'm applying to a lot of good schools (GULC, GWU, NYU, UCLA, USC, UMich, UVA, UPenn, etc.) because I think my GPA and softs really show that i'm well rounded or whatever. I think my PS is really good and I'm writing a DS and a Why X essay to every reach school.

Should I write an LSAT addendum? Because I really don't think it's a good predictor of how i'm going to be in law school. My SAT was like 1800 something and I ended up graduating magna with a high GPA with a double major in college. But I think 164 is not bad enough for me to write an addendum. I don't want to make it sound like I'm making excuses. I was working FT during studying because I had to support myself and last year I got a 163…but I got into a car crash 2 days before the test and was dealing with a lot of stress. Again, I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, and I really wanna get into at least 1 school in the T14.

Go or no go?

renaissanceman83

Re: LSAT Addendum?

Postby renaissanceman83 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Two scores that close will make any addendum raise eyebrows. I wouldn't write one. Take your chances, or if you are sure both were flukes, retake and try for next year.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Think I have a shot at T14?

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm

dont write one. A lot of people worked full time while prepping. Your scores are really close to each other, and close to your pt average ( 166).

With your gpa, you might have a chance at the t-14. Its going to depend on your essays, resume, and other parts of your application.

just to be sure, apply to some schools in the 20-30s that you would consider going to.

ams

Postby ams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Yeah, don't write an addendum. Have you checked out law school predictor? It's not perfect, but it's a good approximation. I plugged your numbers in, and it looks like many schools in the T-14 would consider you (but you probably would not get accepted to NYU). Are you a URM? That improves your chances considerably.

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm

No addendum

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 pm

ED to UVA is your best chance at t14 (and a pretty darn good one).

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA is your best chance at t14 (and a pretty darn good one).

ugh I know...but I don't know if I want to go to UVA over every other school...and I didn't complete the ED app in time anyway. I should've done me research =(

but thanks guys...I think i'll refrain from writing one. It'll just sound like excuses.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:20 am

Gotti wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA is your best chance at t14 (and a pretty darn good one).

ugh I know...but I don't know if I want to go to UVA over every other school...and I didn't complete the ED app in time anyway. I should've done me research =(

but thanks guys...I think i'll refrain from writing one. It'll just sound like excuses.

Didn't Virginia just change their ED program to be anytime during the cycle? It's too late to do the whole ED to UVA and then ED somewhere else if not, but at least they promise you you'll know within 15 days.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”