Need to Apply After Dec. Grades are Posted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Justathought

Need to Apply After Dec. Grades are Posted

Postby Justathought » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Applying after my Dec. grades are posted, my GPA will be significantly higher so it should help quite a bit. This is my final semester.

Here is my question: From the moment my grades post, let's say about Dec. 21, when can I expect to be fully processed and complete with LSAC? I already have my LSAT score on file, Letters of Rec and Dean's Cert should be in shortly, so once that Dec. transcript is processed I'm good to go. I would love to apply before the Dec. LSAT folks go complete, though I don't know if that's possible.

im_blue

Re: Need to Apply After Dec. Grades are Posted

Postby im_blue » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

The biggest variable here is how fast your UG sends out transcripts. Some have next-day processing while others can take a couple of weeks. After LSAC receives the transcript, it should take about a week to update.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:29 pm

im_blue wrote:The biggest variable here is how fast your UG sends out transcripts. Some have next-day processing while others can take a couple of weeks. After LSAC receives the transcript, it should take about a week to update.

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll guess my best bet is to speed up the process on my end, I'll bother my school, pay for rush shipping, w/e. A week for processing over at LSAC isn't terrible.

Fender2210

Postby Fender2210 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Your school is good to post them by December 21st. Mine didn't post until mid January.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Fender2210 wrote:Your school is good to post them by December 21st. Mine didn't post until mid January.

That's horrible! I just looked at my calendar, last day of finals is the 17th. They always post within a week, I'm going to guess it's the 24th. Just in time to ruin someone's Christmas.

Edit: Although, if they post the 24th it may ruin my Christmas. Registrar's office is certainly closed on the 24th, and they stay closed till Jan. 3rd! I guess I'll hold out hope that Santa comes with my grades on the 22nd or 23rd.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”