Change LSAT date to cancel registration?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Zinoviev

Change LSAT date to cancel registration?

Postby Zinoviev » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:10 pm

TLS gurus, I need your advice again.

It seems that three weeks away I can only manage a point or two above my previous score in practice for my upcoming retake in Dec. I missed the Dec. 19 deadline to cancel my registration and request a refund, but the test date deadline is tonight at midnight.

My question: Is it acceptable to change my date to February to then create a new set of deadlines for registration cancellation and then successfully cancel my score? By "acceptable," I mean does LSAC allow this to work? I'm likely to cancel and go under immediate review at a school or two that have held my current application. Will I be sending them a strange signal in my cred report by switching to Feb. and almost immediately canceling?

My thanks in advance.

northwood

Re: Change LSAT date to cancel registration?

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:22 pm

i dont think you will be sending a bad signal to them. Try it and see how it goes.

Zinoviev

Postby Zinoviev » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:27 pm

northwood wrote:i dont think you will be sending a bad signal to them. Try it and see how it goes.

My thanks. I haven't changed/cancelled a date through LSAC before, so will I be able to (quickly) cancel after switching to Feb?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm

i think so. You have plenty of time before the test, so id recommend waiting a few days just to make sure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”