NYU AnBryce Scholarship Essay

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nezumi

NYU AnBryce Scholarship Essay

Postby nezumi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:56 am

I have my personal statement and resume all complete and my letters of rec are in. I want to apply to NYU, but I also want to apply for the AnBryce. I do not have the additional essay for the AnBryce ready. Can I submit my app today with the "normal" stuff, sign for the AnBryce, and submit the additional essay later without negatively hurting my chances of admission? I.e. will not having the additional essay in hold up my admission decision even though its only for the scholarship?

r6_philly

Re: NYU AnBryce Scholarship Essay

Postby r6_philly » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I don't know for sure, but my reading of the application indicates to me that they want it together. NYU is my 2nd to last outstanding application as I am hoping to finish that essay today. I submitted to everywhere else like 2 months ago.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:24 pm

I thought the AnBryce was the easiest to write because the prompt and the website pretty much tell you the thing they are looking for in applicants. You can probably get it done and polished in a couple days. Then again I know I am not a candidate for a scholarship form NYU so I was just hoping it would boost my application, not write a better one than all the other applicants.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:34 pm

There are a lot of people who fits that criteria for the scholarship. I really want to have a good shot at the scholarship invitation so I want to write a good one. One that will stand out.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah... NYU scholarship essays...

I'm ineligible for AnBryce, but there are one (or two) others that I'm strongly looking at. Were that life were simple and carefree...

padthai

Postby padthai » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am

Sorry to hijack the thread but...

do any of you know whether applying for a Public Interest Scholarship hurts your chances of getting a Dean's Scholarship? Seriously contemplating whether I should apply for a scholarship or not :S

SteffiLynn06

Postby SteffiLynn06 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

I discussed a lot of the same things the scholarship essay requires. I was thinking that I would just expand on that by saying soemthing like, "As discussed in my Personal Statement." What do you all think about that?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”