LSAC messed up my transcript!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
godofcoffee

LSAC messed up my transcript!

Postby godofcoffee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:27 pm

So question: it looks like LSAC took the listing of my majors on my transcript (Computer Science, Economics, Philosophy) and turned them into "COMPUTER SCIENCE, GENERAL, ECONOMICS" which I take to mean "general computer science" and "economics". I assume that this is for technical reasons, and I have listed my majors elsewhere as being Comp Sci, Econ and Phil - is this addendum-able? Will they also receive my school transcript and figure it out for themselves?

This is a huge pain - I only found it out as I was about to hit SEND.

acrossthelake

Re: LSAC messed up my transcript!

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:41 pm

godofcoffee wrote:So question: it looks like LSAC took the listing of my majors on my transcript (Computer Science, Economics, Philosophy) and turned them into "COMPUTER SCIENCE, GENERAL, ECONOMICS" which I take to mean "general computer science" and "economics". I assume that this is for technical reasons, and I have listed my majors elsewhere as being Comp Sci, Econ and Phil - is this addendum-able? Will they also receive my school transcript and figure it out for themselves?

You could just call LSAC on Mon to ask.

godofcoffee

Postby godofcoffee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:43 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
godofcoffee wrote:So question: it looks like LSAC took the listing of my majors on my transcript (Computer Science, Economics, Philosophy) and turned them into "COMPUTER SCIENCE, GENERAL, ECONOMICS" which I take to mean "general computer science" and "economics". I assume that this is for technical reasons, and I have listed my majors elsewhere as being Comp Sci, Econ and Phil - is this addendum-able? Will they also receive my school transcript and figure it out for themselves?

You could just call LSAC on Mon to ask.

Ehhh, I just looked at it all again, and it looks like the major they list is the self-reported one. Also, my school transcript is part of the report, so I assume they'll be able to parse whatever nonsense the LSAC lists, right?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I have a question on this also. I'm a history/polisci major (lol right?) but on my transcript/summary report it just shows up as LIBERAL ARTS/LIBERAL ARTS.

Is this normal? I think I chose liberal arts because I couldn't find history under LSAC majors...

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 pm

It doesn't matter, since the LSAC report also includes copies of your transcripts which presumably show the correct major(s).

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 am

this doesn't matter. just make sure your transcript/resume include the correct majors. most applications ask you for your major anyway on the form

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:41 am

If it makes you feel any better OP, they probably don't care what your major was anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”