Not able to change the LSAT date? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
azizi

New

Not able to change the LSAT date?

Post by azizi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 am

I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!

JazzOne

Gold

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Post by JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 am

azizi wrote:I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!
When is the deadline to change the date? I seem to recall someone telling me earlier this week that the deadline was coming up fast.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 am

the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.

go onto your lsac account click on lsat, and on the right hand side there is a link for important dates. click on it, and it will tell you when the big cutoff dates are
hth

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 am

JazzOne wrote:
azizi wrote:I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!
When is the deadline to change the date? I seem to recall someone telling me earlier this week that the deadline was coming up fast.
I think the deadline to change the December test just passed (or is about to pass). The deadline to change February to June isn't coming up anytime soon. On your LSAC homepage (after you log in) you should see "Modify registrations". Click that and then click change test date. There is a 35.00 charge for changing it which sucks but oh well :?
Last edited by Pleasye on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 am

northwood wrote:the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.

go onto your lsac account click on lsat, and on the right hand side there is a link for important dates. click on it, and it will tell you when the big cutoff dates are
hth
TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
northwood wrote:the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.

hth
TITCR
Kind of...

The OP was asking how to change from Feb to June. You don't have to cancel your registration and get a $48 dollar refund and then pay $135 again to sign up for June. You just go to Modify Registrations and pay $35.

azizi

New

Post by azizi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks for your comments!

I just spoke to LSAC and in case other of you are in the same situation:

Because the test cycle of the June exam is not the same as the current cycle, you would need to cancel the registration by filling out a refund form (found on the LSAC website) and mailing/faxing it.

The deadline for a partial refund for the December exam is today (November 19, 2010), and for the February exam is (January 21,2010).

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 pm

azizi wrote:Thanks for your comments!

Because the test cycle of the June exam is not the same as the current cycle, you would need to cancel the registration by filling out a refund form (found on the LSAC website) and mailing/faxing it.

The deadline for a partial refund for the December exam is today (November 19, 2010), and for the February exam is (January 21,2010).
I'm not sure what you're saying but if you're just trying to change your FEBRUARY registration to your JUNE registration then you don't need to get a refund all you have to do is pay 35.00 to change your date (I've done this I'm not just making stuff up).

If you just want to cancel the exam then no matter what cycle the exam pertains to you would have to fill out a refund form and mail or fax it.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:20 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
azizi wrote:Thanks for your comments!

I'm not sure what you're saying but if you're just trying to change your FEBRUARY registration to your JUNE registration then you don't need to get a refund all you have to do is pay 35.00 to change your date (I've done this I'm not just making stuff up).

If you just want to cancel the exam then no matter what cycle the exam pertains to you would have to fill out a refund form and mail or fax it.
Have you specifically changed from Feb to June? Since the June exam is part of next year's cycle, you can't do a test date change from Feb to June. As LSAC says, you have to get a refund for Feb and register for June.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm

im_blue wrote:Have you specifically changed from Feb to June? Since the June exam is part of next year's cycle, you can't do a test date change from Feb to June. As LSAC says, you have to get a refund for Feb and register for June.
I have specifically changed from Feb to June and from June to October too (originally signed up for Feb then changed to June then changed to Oct..yes LSAC has a lot of my money).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”