Not able to change the LSAT date?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
azizi
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 am

Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby azizi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 am

I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 am

azizi wrote:I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!

When is the deadline to change the date? I seem to recall someone telling me earlier this week that the deadline was coming up fast.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 am

the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.


go onto your lsac account click on lsat, and on the right hand side there is a link for important dates. click on it, and it will tell you when the big cutoff dates are
hth

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7968
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 am

JazzOne wrote:
azizi wrote:I'm currently scheduled to take the Feb 2011 LSAT and wanted to change that to June 2011 but I do not see an option for cancellation or the change of dates on the website. I am freaking out a bit! Can anyone help me with this?? It would be much appreciated!

When is the deadline to change the date? I seem to recall someone telling me earlier this week that the deadline was coming up fast.

I think the deadline to change the December test just passed (or is about to pass). The deadline to change February to June isn't coming up anytime soon. On your LSAC homepage (after you log in) you should see "Modify registrations". Click that and then click change test date. There is a 35.00 charge for changing it which sucks but oh well :?
Last edited by Pleasye on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 am

northwood wrote:the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.


go onto your lsac account click on lsat, and on the right hand side there is a link for important dates. click on it, and it will tell you when the big cutoff dates are
hth


TITCR

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7968
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
northwood wrote:the date to change the december test is the 21st by midnight. You have to do it online though, then fax the copy in. THe last date to get your refunmd is tomorrow. Fax and do it online.


go onto your lsac account click on lsat, and on the right hand side there is a link for important dates. click on it, and it will tell you when the big cutoff dates are
hth


TITCR

Kind of...

The OP was asking how to change from Feb to June. You don't have to cancel your registration and get a $48 dollar refund and then pay $135 again to sign up for June. You just go to Modify Registrations and pay $35.

azizi
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 am

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby azizi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks for your comments!

I just spoke to LSAC and in case other of you are in the same situation:

Because the test cycle of the June exam is not the same as the current cycle, you would need to cancel the registration by filling out a refund form (found on the LSAC website) and mailing/faxing it.

The deadline for a partial refund for the December exam is today (November 19, 2010), and for the February exam is (January 21,2010).

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7968
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 pm

azizi wrote:Thanks for your comments!

I just spoke to LSAC and in case other of you are in the same situation:

Because the test cycle of the June exam is not the same as the current cycle, you would need to cancel the registration by filling out a refund form (found on the LSAC website) and mailing/faxing it.

The deadline for a partial refund for the December exam is today (November 19, 2010), and for the February exam is (January 21,2010).

I'm not sure what you're saying but if you're just trying to change your FEBRUARY registration to your JUNE registration then you don't need to get a refund all you have to do is pay 35.00 to change your date (I've done this I'm not just making stuff up).

If you just want to cancel the exam then no matter what cycle the exam pertains to you would have to fill out a refund form and mail or fax it.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby im_blue » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:20 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
azizi wrote:Thanks for your comments!

I just spoke to LSAC and in case other of you are in the same situation:

Because the test cycle of the June exam is not the same as the current cycle, you would need to cancel the registration by filling out a refund form (found on the LSAC website) and mailing/faxing it.

The deadline for a partial refund for the December exam is today (November 19, 2010), and for the February exam is (January 21,2010).

I'm not sure what you're saying but if you're just trying to change your FEBRUARY registration to your JUNE registration then you don't need to get a refund all you have to do is pay 35.00 to change your date (I've done this I'm not just making stuff up).

If you just want to cancel the exam then no matter what cycle the exam pertains to you would have to fill out a refund form and mail or fax it.

Have you specifically changed from Feb to June? Since the June exam is part of next year's cycle, you can't do a test date change from Feb to June. As LSAC says, you have to get a refund for Feb and register for June.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7968
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Not able to change the LSAT date?

Postby Pleasye » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm

im_blue wrote:Have you specifically changed from Feb to June? Since the June exam is part of next year's cycle, you can't do a test date change from Feb to June. As LSAC says, you have to get a refund for Feb and register for June.

I have specifically changed from Feb to June and from June to October too (originally signed up for Feb then changed to June then changed to Oct..yes LSAC has a lot of my money).




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: big_willy_style_333, Bing [Bot], dan9257, sethnoorzad, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests