A Few Quick Questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

A Few Quick Questions

Postby dewrober » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I just had a questions and am hoping for some quick feedback. I applied to schools last year and decided to hold off on attending. I recently decided to reapply again this year and am wondering if I can use the same LOR's from last year that are still on my lsac account or if I need to get updated ones. Also, since I just recently had a change of heart about law school, I am going to begin applying immediately, however I also wanted to take the lsat again in Feb. Will this be too late for the schools that I have applied to to take into consideration or will it be an easy addition to the application that would have already been sent in. Thanks guys!

Re: A Few Quick Questions

Postby MysticalWheel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Many, if not most, schools state that the Dec. LSAT is the latest LSAT they will accept for that admissions cycle, and most recommend the Oct/Sept LSAT as the latest that one should take the exam. So to answer your question, you probably will not be able to use your Feb LSAT to apply to many/most schools, at least not this cycle. You can, however, use the Feb LSAT to apply in late 2011 for the next cycle, but if you are doing that, you might as well just take the June LSAT and study longer.

LORs: get at least SOME new ones, as a minimum.

Last edited by MysticalWheel on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: A Few Quick Questions

Postby iowalum » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I have used LORs from approx. a year ago, but they still seemed applicable. I would say don't worry too much about it unless you have done something else significant since then - i.e. - worked in a new job, led a new organization, done research with a new prof, etc. Then definitely get a new one from one of these people.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”