Got my LSAT score, but forgot to prepare for applications.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BoldBoldnes

Got my LSAT score, but forgot to prepare for applications.

Postby BoldBoldnes » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 am

Howdy! After a few months of studying I scored a 166 on the LSAT and with my adequate 3.43 GPA (B.A. in Economics & History, minor in Political Science) I suspect I can be accepted at a decent school. I'm futilely reaching for Georgetown (ain't gonna happen), hoping for George Washington University, and probably going to end up at some other school that provides me with a decent scholarship (just being realistic here).

The problem is that with my focus on studying and trying to make ends meet ... I kinda forgot to start preparing for applications. This means that I need to get my transcript, letters of recommendation, and personal statement organized rather hastily if I want to avoid getting my application lost in the shuffle.

I'm gonna try and get the CAS thingy set up and get my transcript sent over there in the very very near future... However, I'm starting to wonder whether I should instead wait a year and apply for Fall 2012 programmes instead. How viable is it that I can cobble my application together through the next six weeks? Any insight would be appreciated.

2011Law

Re: Got my LSAT score, but forgot to prepare for applications.

Postby 2011Law » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 am

GULC is definitely not going to happen, and GW you're almost as likely to not get in. I don't think you'd get a decent scholarship anywhere except the t30s and 40s and lower.

You can def get an application together in six weeks, just start working on everything starting tomorrow morning.

BoldBoldnes

Postby BoldBoldnes » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:50 am

2011Law wrote:GULC is definitely not going to happen, and GW you're almost as likely to not get in. I don't think you'd get a decent scholarship anywhere except the t30s and 40s and lower.

Yep, I figured as much. Georgetown I wasn't really gonna waste my money on. GW, I might as well give it a roll of the dice.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:12 am

Sit out this cycle and apply early next year. Plus then you'll have time to retake in June 2011 and profit.

GULC will probably require a 170 to have a good shot, and GW you'll probably need a 168 or so I think.

PDL

Postby PDL » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:53 am

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”