Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MysticalWheel

Re: Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career.

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

capitalacq wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:Here you go:

--LinkRemoved--

MW

lol seriously? kay

Yes, seriously. Unfortunately, Noam Chomsky was unavailable for confirmation.

MW

oh you think none of us saw your post before the edit? making fun of the fact that Stephen Hawkings can't speak?

Uh...I changed it to Noam Chomsky because Chomsky's a linguist and Hawking isn't. Stop reading into every single thing.

MW

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

booyakasha wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
booyakasha wrote:MW, were you BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT perchance?

Are you asking if I come from an upper class family that implemented a fascinatingly intricate and strict regime for its young, engineered to elevate their minds and bodies to extraordinarily high levels, and to secure for them spots at the top schools in the country? .......kind of.

MW

do you like the New York Yankees?

Yes!

MW

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Does MW remind anyone else of Veyron?

No, Veyron trolls, MW appears clueless. But it's probably just an act. By god I wish it is just an act.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 pm

MW, reading the posts that you have made on TLS...and pretty much everyone's reactions to them...dont they tell you anything about your social abilities? or maybe it's just telling you the wrong things...
Last edited by DoubleChecks on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm surprised no one has made fun of MW's compulsion to initial every post. You know, just for good measure.

BB

LAWLAW09

Postby LAWLAW09 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
LAWLAW09 wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
LAWLAW09 wrote:You say American English Vernacular...we say prison-industrial-complex-bought-and-sold.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/us/28 ... boot_camps

Please don't start with the random "BLANK- industrial-complexes"- you sound like an arrogant, naive 1st year grad student.

MW

*Black male has been hit with the one insult that no Black man can stand to hear*

After I tell my boys that you called me a 1st year grad student, and after I celebrate what you consider an "automatic urm boost," we are coming after you. no one calls me a 1st year grad student and gets away with it.

All threats aside, give it a rest. I only cited the URM-boost because capitalaq went off about white privilege.

MW

Oh, cause I'm a BLACK man and I say my boys are coming after you, that makes it a threat? lol

You my friend are comedy and extremely comfortable with your own ignorance.

(p.s. I only mentioned ur mentioning of automatic urm boost, b/c ur posts continue to shed light on what our law schools would look like if no "boost" was given. As far as I'm concerned, you're an applying URM's best friend.)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
booyakasha wrote:MW, were you BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT perchance?

Are you asking if I come from an upper class family that implemented a fascinatingly intricate and strict regime for its young, engineered to elevate their minds and bodies to extraordinarily high levels, and to secure for them spots at the top schools in the country? .......kind of.

MW

How do you feel about someone who isn't from an upper class family, who is not the beneficiary of a strict regime, who is not expected to be anything more than a failure, but also secures a spot at the top schools in the country (and thereby displacing one of you)?

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:MW, reading the posts that you have made on TLS...and pretty much everyone's reactions to them...dont they tell you anything about your social abilities? or maybe it's just telling you the wrong things...

Well, I've learned that TLS has an inordinately high selection of douchebags, so no, I have no doubts over my social prowess.

MW
Last edited by MysticalWheel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:43 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:MW, reading the posts that you have made on TLS...and pretty much everyone's reactions to them...dont they tell you anything about your social abilities? or maybe it's just telling you the wrong things...

He doesn't care because he can just buy and sell you.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:

No, Veyron trolls, MW appears clueless. But it's probably just an act. By god I wish it is just an act.

This is too dumb not to be a troll.

Edit: Referring to MW of course.
Last edited by whymeohgodno on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:

Well, I've learned that TLS has an inordinately high selection of douchebags, so no, I have no doubts over my social prowess.

MW

phew, good thing thing that's not the make-up of the legal profe.... waaaait

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

How do you feel about someone who isn't from an upper class family, who is not the beneficiary of a strict regime, who is not expected to be anything more than a failure, but also secures a spot at the top schools in the country (and thereby displacing one of you)?

"One of you"- sorry, but I don't see things in terms of "us" and "them," and I hope your perspective is not that cut and dry.

MW

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

"One of you"- sorry, but I don't see things in terms of "us" and "them," and I hope your perspective is not that cut and dry.

MW

Ok, you win. Not "one of you". How about YOU.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

This is too dumb not to be a troll.

Edit: Referring to MW of course.

Except that it's not dumb. Capitalaq accused me of racism, and I'm simply defending myself against the accusation.

MW

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

Actually, it is that cut and dry. You - people who can buy and sell me/us. Us - people who you think you can buy and sell. :wink:

tlslsnlsp

Postby tlslsnlsp » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:51 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
naterj wrote:Wow, MW. Just wow. I can't believe you would just throw around racist insults like that. Capital Q or whatever her name is probably has to deal with this sort of bigotry everyday, you would think TLS would be a safe place she could come to...

...<groans>...

Okay...I apologize if my comments were interpreted as racially offensive. They were not intended as such at all. Are you happy now?

MW

I just read every post in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody was really serious (as in the guy pulling the race card, the guys defending him, the attempts to justify the term, etc.), but I just wanted to say this post really shows character. I find it pretty pathetic that a grown man/woman would actually type "...<groans>..." and "Are you happy now?" in a post that was meant to serve as an apology, whether serious or not. I currently teach 5 and 6 year olds and this is exactly how they apologize to each other.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm

tlslsnlsp wrote:I just read every post in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody was really serious (as in the guy pulling the race card, the guys defending him, the attempts to justify the term, etc.), but I just wanted to say this post really shows character. I find it pretty pathetic that a grown man/woman would actually type "...<groans>..." and "Are you happy now?" in a post that was meant to serve as an apology, whether serious or not. I currently teach 5 and 6 year olds and this is exactly how they apologize to each other.

I was under the misunderstanding that we will have to talk like that as lawyers?

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 pm

beachbum wrote:I'm surprised no one has made fun of MW's compulsion to initial every post. You know, just for good measure.

BB

I'm glad someone else is bothered by this too.

TG

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 pm

MW should be permabanned for the racism he spreads on these boards.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

MW

Ok, you win. Not "one of you". How about YOU.

Relative to most minorities, Caucasians do enjoy the added benefit of endogenous inclusion within the dominant social structure, and this is certainly no trivial privilege. Hence, affirmative action, to an extent, is a good idea as far as diversity, equality, and correcting (or at least attempting to correct) historical injustices go. So to answer your question, I don't feel bitter or upset over minorities receiving academic inflation in their applications, whether or not it means I lose a spot over it.

MW

chup

Postby chup » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Holy shit you assholes need new material.

--ImageRemoved--

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm

naterj wrote:MW should be permabanned for the racism he spreads on these boards.

Stop trolling...I should have seen through you the first time you posted in this thread.

MW

tlslsnlsp

Postby tlslsnlsp » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tlslsnlsp wrote:I just read every post in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody was really serious (as in the guy pulling the race card, the guys defending him, the attempts to justify the term, etc.), but I just wanted to say this post really shows character. I find it pretty pathetic that a grown man/woman would actually type "...<groans>..." and "Are you happy now?" in a post that was meant to serve as an apology, whether serious or not. I currently teach 5 and 6 year olds and this is exactly how they apologize to each other.

I was under the misunderstanding that we will have to talk like that as lawyers?

I'm pretty sure we're not, but I don't think I have to remind you that as you admit it was a misunderstanding :wink:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

Relative to most minorities, Caucasians do enjoy the added benefit of endogenous inclusion within the dominant social structure, and this is certainly no trivial privilege. Hence, affirmative action, to an extent, is a good idea as far as diversity, equality, and correcting (or at least attempting to correct) historical injustices. So to answer your question, I don't feel bitter or upset over minorities receiving academic inflation in their applications, whether or not it means I lose a spot over it.

MW

Was I referring to race? Oh snap.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

Relative to most minorities, Caucasians do enjoy the added benefit of endogenous inclusion within the dominant social structure, and this is certainly no trivial privilege. Hence, affirmative action, to an extent, is a good idea as far as diversity, equality, and correcting (or at least attempting to correct) historical injustices. So to answer your question, I don't feel bitter or upset over minorities receiving academic inflation in their applications, whether or not it means I lose a spot over it.

MW

Was I referring to race? Oh snap.

Oh snap, burn.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”