Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MysticalWheel

Bronze

Re: Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career.

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote: "My" vernacular is the colloquial standards of American English. If you don't know that the expression "buy and sell you" is used to indicate financial superiority/financial power, I don't know what to tell you.

MW
link pl0x

tbf, i dont think you meant to be racist at all in your original insult. your responses, however, were worse than that post (not racially worse, just worse in general).
Here you go:

--LinkRemoved--

MW

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
naterj wrote:Wow, MW. Just wow. I can't believe you would just throw around racist insults like that. Capital Q or whatever her name is probably has to deal with this sort of bigotry everyday, you would think TLS would be a safe place she could come to...
...<groans>...

Okay...I apologize if my comments were interpreted as racially offensive. They were not intended as such at all. Are you happy now?

MW
Don't apologize to me, apologize to Capital Q for saying that you could buy and sell her kids on the black market. You obviously knew she was black and now that everyone is calling you out on your racism you're starting to backpedal. Every post you make is more offensive than the last.

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:18 pm

LAWLAW09 wrote:You say American English Vernacular...we say prison-industrial-complex-bought-and-sold.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/us/28 ... boot_camps
Please don't start with the random "BLANK- industrial-complexes"- you sound like an arrogant, naive 1st year grad student.

MW

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm

This reminds me of the guy who used the word "[racist language redacted]" and then got called out as being racist when in fact that word has absolutely no relation to the "n" word.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
LAWLAW09 wrote:You say American English Vernacular...we say prison-industrial-complex-bought-and-sold.

Please don't start with the random "BLANK- industrial-complexes"- you sound like an arrogant, naive 1st year grad student.

MW
you should stop posting altogether if sounding arrogant and naive is something you are opposed to

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 pm

naterj wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
naterj wrote:Wow, MW. Just wow. I can't believe you would just throw around racist insults like that. Capital Q or whatever her name is probably has to deal with this sort of bigotry everyday, you would think TLS would be a safe place she could come to...
...<groans>...

Okay...I apologize if my comments were interpreted as racially offensive. They were not intended as such at all. Are you happy now?

MW
Don't apologize to me, apologize to Capital Q for saying that you could buy and sell her kids on the black market. You obviously knew she was black and now that everyone is calling you out on your racism you're starting to backpedal. Every post you make is more offensive than the last.
Lol...what?! How am I backpedaling? I've defended my comments so far, only apologizing if someone was inadvertently racially offended. Where are you getting black market from? Where are you getting that I knew she/he was black? Stop trolling.

MW

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote: "My" vernacular is the colloquial standards of American English. If you don't know that the expression "buy and sell you" is used to indicate financial superiority/financial power, I don't know what to tell you.

MW
link pl0x

tbf, i dont think you meant to be racist at all in your original insult. your responses, however, were worse than that post (not racially worse, just worse in general).
Here you go:

--LinkRemoved--

MW
lol seriously? kay

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

IAFG wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW
you should stop posting altogether if sounding arrogant and naive is something you are opposed to
lololololol ok im stopping, i shouldnt be contributing to these threads so muchez
Last edited by DoubleChecks on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Assuming that he doesn't have the grades/LSAT for a top school, I think he will get into one anyway, because it's more than worth it for a school to lower it's numbers with one student who will bring tons of press and likely increase the number of applicants. I remember reading that applications to NYU increased by like 15% the year Mary Kate and Ashley decided to go there. Besides, do you know a single celebrity who didn't wind up at a prestigious school?

Off the top of my head -
Natalie Portman - Harvard
James Franco - Columbia and NYU
Emma Watson - Brown
Brooke Shields - Princeton
Claire Danes - Yale

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

floppymex

Bronze

Post by floppymex » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
...<groans>...

MW
No, still unhappy, I demand reparations.

P.S. Ben Wallace got old in a hurry after signing that K w/Chi.

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

IAFG wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW
What did I say before about grownups talking?

MW

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Assuming that he doesn't have the grades/LSAT for a top school, I think he will get into one anyway, because it's more than worth it for a school to lower it's numbers with one student who will bring tons of press and likely increase the number of applicants. I remember reading that applications to NYU increased by like 15% the year Mary Kate and Ashley decided to go there. Besides, do you know a single celebrity who didn't wind up at a prestigious school?

Off the top of my head -
Emma Watson - Brown
Claire Danes - Yale
Not to mention Ben Wallace is AA male. Celebrity+URM boost? Yale - full ride.

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

MW
link pl0x

Here you go:

--LinkRemoved--

MW
lol seriously? kay
Yes, seriously. Unfortunately, Noam Chomsky was unavailable for confirmation.

MW

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

MW, were you BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT perchance?

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Assuming that he doesn't have the grades/LSAT for a top school, I think he will get into one anyway, because it's more than worth it for a school to lower it's numbers with one student who will bring tons of press and likely increase the number of applicants. I remember reading that applications to NYU increased by like 15% the year Mary Kate and Ashley decided to go there. Besides, do you know a single celebrity who didn't wind up at a prestigious school?

Off the top of my head -
Emma Watson - Brown
Claire Danes - Yale
Not to mention Ben Wallace is AA male. Celebrity+URM boost? Yale - full ride.
We might have the next Whizzer White on our hands..

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
IAFG wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW
What did I say before about grownups talking?

MW
Dude doesn't know when to cut his losses and go home.

BB

LAWLAW09

Bronze

Post by LAWLAW09 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

*Black male has been hit with the one insult that no Black man can stand to hear*

After I tell my boys that you called me a 1st year grad student, and after I celebrate what you consider an "automatic urm boost," we are coming after you. no one calls me a 1st year grad student and gets away with it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm

booyakasha wrote:MW, were you BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT perchance?
Are you asking if I come from an upper class family that implemented a fascinatingly intricate and strict regime for its young, engineered to elevate their minds and bodies to extraordinarily high levels, and to secure for them spots at the top schools in the country? .......kind of.

MW

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
booyakasha wrote:MW, were you BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT perchance?
Are you asking if I come from an upper class family that implemented a fascinatingly intricate and strict regime for its young, engineered to elevate their minds and bodies to extraordinarily high levels, and to secure for them spots at the top schools in the country? .......kind of.

MW
*facepalm*

floppymex

Bronze

Post by floppymex » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:

MW
What went wrong?

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote: link pl0x

Here you go:

--LinkRemoved--

MW
lol seriously? kay
Yes, seriously. Unfortunately, Noam Chomsky was unavailable for confirmation.

MW
oh you think none of us saw your post before the edit? making fun of the fact that Stephen Hawkings can't speak?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 pm

LAWLAW09 wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:

MW

*Black male has been hit with the one insult that no Black man can stand to hear*

After I tell my boys that you called me a 1st year grad student, and after I celebrate what you consider an "automatic urm boost," we are coming after you. no one calls me a 1st year grad student and gets away with it.
All threats aside, give it a rest. I only cited the URM-boost because capitalaq went off about white privilege.

MW

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 pm

<3

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:

MW
do you like the New York Yankees?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Does MW remind anyone else of Veyron?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”