Resume ?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
URMdan

Resume ?

Postby URMdan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Last edited by URMdan on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oshberg28

Re: Resume question

Postby oshberg28 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Why are you surprised that others include this on their resume? I included a summer institute at Georgetown on my resume (also included an internship). If you have room for it, don't sell yourself short. The resume is all about selling yourself and listing your accomplishments. Spending a summer taking classes and working is resume worthy, IMO. So in short - absolutely, it is appropriate.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm

oshberg28 wrote:Why are you surprised that others include this on their resume? I included a summer institute at Georgetown on my resume (also included an internship). If you have room for it, don't sell yourself short. The resume is all about selling yourself and listing your accomplishments. Spending a summer taking classes and working is resume worthy, IMO. So in short - absolutely, it is appropriate.

Yours was at Georgetown though, my semester was spent through an "institute" that's not accredited (meaning the grades they gave me aren't converted towards my LSDAS GPA), making it less relevant than a semester spent at Gtown.

New question - should I include my cumulative semester GPA that they gave me on my resume? Keep in mind these grades weren't used to calculate my LSDAS GPA. I think it'd about a 3.75 or something...

oshberg28

Postby oshberg28 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 pm

URMdan wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:Why are you surprised that others include this on their resume? I included a summer institute at Georgetown on my resume (also included an internship). If you have room for it, don't sell yourself short. The resume is all about selling yourself and listing your accomplishments. Spending a summer taking classes and working is resume worthy, IMO. So in short - absolutely, it is appropriate.

Yours was at Georgetown though, my semester was spent through an "institute" that's not accredited (meaning the grades they gave me aren't converted towards my LSDAS GPA), making it less relevant than a semester spent at Gtown.

New question - should I include my cumulative semester GPA that they gave me on my resume? Keep in mind these grades weren't used to calculate my LSDAS GPA. I think it'd about a 3.75 or something...

Ah, I gotcha. My mistake. Hm...that does make it more interesting. By "not accredited", do you also mean that your university/college didn't accept the grades either? If that's the case, I wouldn't include the GPA, but I'd still list the institute on the resume. It still counts for something.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

oshberg28 wrote:
URMdan wrote:

Ah, I gotcha. My mistake. Hm...that does make it more interesting. By "not accredited", do you also mean that your university/college didn't accept the grades either? If that's the case, I wouldn't include the GPA, but I'd still list the institute on the resume. It still counts for something.

They accepted the grades on a pass/fail basis. I was given a grade from my undergrad institute for a research assignment. So on my transcript it shows up like this:

Washington Internship: 9 credits Pass
Washington Research: 6 credits A

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”