Please read my addendum! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
screechypeachy

New

Please read my addendum!

Post by screechypeachy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm

During my time in the military I took a number of classes including some online business classes as well as Oracle database classes that were a non-optional job requirement. In regards to my Colorado Technical University classes, I feel that the stress of coming back from a recent deployment coupled with training exercises and more than full-time employment led to my low GPA for that period. It was a mistake to undertake classes at that period in my life as I quickly found that I did not have the time necessary to dedicate to them. I hope that the 4.0 GPA that I have achieved at the University of Illinois at Chicago in over 90 credit hours of study is what is considered when deciding on my application. Additionally, at the end of this term my cumulative GPA should be at over 3.7 and I would gladly send evidence of this at a later date if necessary.

ahduth

Gold

Re: Please read my addendum!

Post by ahduth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Please add at least a half a dozen commas and repost.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Too long.

CONSIDER: While in the military, I took several online business courses as well as some Oracle database classes. My coursework at Colorado Technical University was undertaken during a stressful readjustment period after returning from combat duty. Please note that I currently have a 4.0 GPA for over 90 credit hours earned at the University of Illinois at Chicago resulting in a cumulative GPA in excess of 3.7.

(Although my suggested revision is not perfect, it should be an improvement. It is not clear as to whether or not the online courses, the
Oracle courses & the Colorado Tech courses are included in your cumulative GPA. Were the Colorado Tech courses the "online business courses" referred to in your first sentence ?)

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:55 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Too long.

CONSIDER: While in the military, I took several online business courses as well as some Oracle database classes. My coursework at Colorado Technical University was undertaken during a stressful readjustment period after returning from combat duty. Please note that I currently have a 4.0 GPA for over 90 credit hours earned at the University of Illinois at Chicago resulting in a cumulative GPA in excess of 3.7.

(Although my suggested revision is not perfect, it should be an improvement. It is not clear as to whether or not the online courses, the
Oracle courses & the Colorado Tech courses are included in your cumulative GPA. Were the Colorado Tech courses the "online business courses" referred to in your first sentence ?)
This.

nihilism is key

Bronze

Post by nihilism is key » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:14 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Too long.

I would include the part about the Oracle courses being a non-optional job requirement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”