Notifying schools of LSAC GPA mistake

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
c_dubya_s

Notifying schools of LSAC GPA mistake

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:47 pm

So LSAC messed up my GPA (they miscounted the number of A- credit hours I had), giving me a 3.83 instead of a 3.88 (the right number). I just called up and they said they'll correct it tomorrow, but I've already applied to four law schools, and will be applying to four more tonight. They said that all of the law schools I've applied to will get the update.

Should I still email the admission offices at these schools just to make sure they receive the correction? Or is that overkill?

s0ph1e2007

Re: Notifying schools of LSAC GPA mistake

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:So LSAC messed up my GPA (they miscounted the number of A- credit hours I had), giving me a 3.83 instead of a 3.88 (the right number). I just called up and they said they'll correct it tomorrow, but I've already applied to four law schools, and will be applying to four more tonight. They said that all of the law schools I've applied to will get the update.

Should I still email the admission offices at these schools just to make sure they receive the correction? Or is that overkill?

ask LSAC to send updated transcript

MysticalWheel

Re: Notifying schools of LSAC GPA mistake

Postby MysticalWheel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:Should I still email the admission offices at these schools just to make sure they receive the correction? Or is that overkill?

Give LSAC time to notify the schools (1-2 days or so), then confirm that the schools received the updated GPA.

MW

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”