Question about admission with 2010 lsat 2012 admission?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itstime

Question about admission with 2010 lsat 2012 admission?

Postby itstime » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Due to financial reasons I am thinking about working all of next year and trying to get in law school 2012. Would I lose any points in my application if I did that or would I have a better chance of getting in applying the year I took the LSAT?

Thanks

glitter178

Re: Question about admission with 2010 lsat 2012 admission?

Postby glitter178 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm

as long as you are doing something productive during your year off, you'll be fine assuming your numbers are competitive. get law experience if possible.

Kchuck

Re: Question about admission with 2010 lsat 2012 admission?

Postby Kchuck » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm

glitter178 wrote:as long as you are doing something productive during your year off, you'll be fine assuming your numbers are competitive. get law experience if possible.

Law experience isn't necessary, at all. You're likely going to be working the next 30-40 years in the legal field, might as well work one year in something different/fun/exciting. Sure, making connections now may prove to be beneficial later. But in no way is law experience needed in your year off.

I'm in the middle of my year off right now and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made and I would certainly encourage others to do the same. I believe that my applications were better this year, I retook the LSAT and scored three points higher. It has already proved to be a good move as I've already been accepted at two schools with over 75% tuition scholarships when last year I was waitlisted/denied at both. With all that said, I would certainly recommend it as a great choice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”