Reapplying ~ How do they view ex-acceptees and ex-denials Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dirk Lang

New

Reapplying ~ How do they view ex-acceptees and ex-denials

Post by Dirk Lang » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Say you apply to some schools and are admitted. You decide, for whatever reason, not to go to law school for that year and reapply the next year. Will the schools that you accepted you, accept again, or will they probably pass figuring you will not go.

What about schools that denied you. I imagine even for the schools that don't average LSAT, applying with the same application but maybe a 2-5 point boost won't look very good either. Do you need some bigger change than a few LSAT points?

dorriedoodle

New

Re: Reapplying ~ How do they view ex-acceptees and ex-denials

Post by dorriedoodle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 pm

At a school where I don't think they average, I just got in (yay!) when I got waitlisted and then rejected two years ago. I had a seven point bump on my lsat.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Reapplying to a school that rejected/waitlisted you in a past cycle is no big deal. But reapplying to a school where you were offered admission but decided not to attend looks really bad. You would be fighting a serious uphill battle.

OrdinarilySkilled

Bronze

Post by OrdinarilySkilled » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:08 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Reapplying to a school that rejected/waitlisted you in a past cycle is no big deal. But reapplying to a school where you were offered admission but decided not to attend looks really bad. You would be fighting a serious uphill battle.
What are you basing this on? Just because you didn't go there doesn't mean they weren't/aren't your first choice. Picking a different school over somewhere isn't the same as picking no school over it.

FWIW, I called several of the schools I am reapplying to after being accepted and they said it would not be counted against me. They understand things come up. I would venture to say you're in a more disadvantageous position to apply somewhere you applied before and were rejected since your really going to have to prove that they made a mistake last time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”