!!HELP!! Addendum structure after 3 LSATs/ Critique needed

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Malcolm8X

!!HELP!! Addendum structure after 3 LSATs/ Critique needed

Postby Malcolm8X » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:44 pm

My scores for my LSAT were 142, 152, and 161 (slightly fudged to maintain anonymity)

As a URM, I'm applying to some T14 schools outside of T5. How should I structure my LSAT addendum? Should I explain both jumps or just the 1st discrepancy? This is what I have so far:

"..."

Should I then explain the discrepancy between the second and third exam now also?
Last edited by Malcolm8X on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Re: !!HELP!! Addendum structure after 3 LSATs/ Critique needed

Postby northwood » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

you need to explain the gap between all 3 scores. ( you went up around 20 points)

Anxiety caused a mis bubble will work for the first gap. What caused the second big jump? What did you do differently. Even if its just studying, you need to explain it, as your second increase is 9 points, or about 18 question responses. Thats huge. I would be leery of saying anxiety caused you to mis bubble again, as that seems fishy, even if its true. Were you ill? if so, do you have documentation? if you do, that will help explain things out. Even if you studied differently, explain it
hope this helps

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Do not include the coffee stuff. Nobody will buy it. Just say that you took the first exam without preparation and were unfamiliar with the format and, as a result, misaligned your test booklet and answer sheet. What the above poster says is true - you'll need to explain the score difference between your next two scores. You don't need an excuse, just an explanation.

Malcolm8X

Postby Malcolm8X » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:12 pm

THANKS for the sincere reply!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”