Submitted Application typo!! Help!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
samfii

Submitted Application typo!! Help!!!

Postby samfii » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 pm

OK. SO. I made a typo.
When I was filling out the Academic Achievements portion of my apps, I wrote "Dean's List for ten consecutive semester/quarters" And I just realized that not only does my resume say seven instead of ten, but when the report was generated for the school, it only lists three codes with Academic Honors. I'm more freaking out about the whole writing "ten" instead of "seven". To be honest i've been in such a haze of freakouts that I didn't even re-read that part of the apps that kept getting auto-filled in by lsac from my common app info, I didn't even think to look over it or question it.

Now i'm stressed out that this is a really bad typo. Should I e-mail the schools and amend this?
What do you guys think? I really appreciate your guys' input on this because I really am at a loss for what to do, and I'm afraid the schools might disqualify me because they thought I was deliberately lying. Anyway, thanks in advance guys.

ifigotoschool

Re: Submitted Application typo!! Help!!!

Postby ifigotoschool » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Last edited by ifigotoschool on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samfii

Postby samfii » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 pm

thanks for the quick response, ifigotoschool. I just counted all the schools I messed up on, I'm gonna give them a call.

If anyone else knows anything else about what I should do, please let me know :-/

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Just wanted to say not to freak out. I did something very similar on about 5 applications. I emailed all the schools and they responded very quickly and treated it like no big deal. So, breathe, it'll be okay :-)

samfii

Postby samfii » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm

JennBNYC, thank you! i needed to be told to breathe- LOL.
I just spoke with a woman at UC Davis admissions and she said it's not a big deal, I could send the schools an e-mail and call attention to it, but I don't have to. I'm debating over whether I want to call attention to it.....

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

No problem, haha.

Yea, that's the tough part. I was just worried that they'd notice and it would look like I was careless. I thought that would be worse than me admitting I made a minor mistake and fessing up. It's really up to you, but either way I don't think it will be the end of the world.

samfii

Postby samfii » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 pm

well thanks for the words of encouragement, I feel a lot better now. :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”