Last minute CLS question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lovely Ludwig Van

Last minute CLS question

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am

Long story short, I've decided to toss my name into the Columbia ED hat. That is, if I am still allowed to. I've got all my essays, letters of rec, app, etc. submitted, but have not mailed my ED contract yet.

My question is if I mail my ED contract via overnight rush by tomorrow morning (11/15) would I still be eligible for ED consideration? Or would it be too late by then? The CLS website says that ED applicants should complete their application by 11/15, but I wasn't sure if this included the ED contract.

ArchRoark

Re: Last minute CLS question

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am

I would try faxing it in. I don't think overnight mail will cut it. Even then, it may be too late. I would call and ask.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am

You should submit tonight so the LSAC report is ready to be requested tomorrow, and also call them to see if they accept faxed ED contracts.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am

im_blue wrote:You should submit tonight so the LSAC report is ready to be requested tomorrow, and also call them to see if they accept faxed ED contracts.

Thanks. I will definitely get on that ASAP. Anyone else know anything about this?

mst

Postby mst » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 am

columbia law website wrote:Q: IF I APPLY ELECTRONICALLY, WHAT PARTS OF MY APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAIL?
A: If applicable, a Dean's letter in response to Questions 15a or 15b of the application and the Early Decision Contract are the only mandatory documents that must be mailed directly to the Law School. These forms cannot be transmitted by fax or electronically. Otherwise, the entire application may be submitted electronically

Call anyways. Might be worth a shot, they could let it slide (fax or postmark date might be acceptable). Or get on an airplane ASAP and fly your ass to NYC. One of the two. Or just live with the fact you procrastinated way too long and you should live with the RD consequences.
Last edited by mst on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 am

They don't accept faxed or emailed contracts. It has to be an original signature FYI. But maybe if you faxed a copy and did same day air with the original?

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am

Just called their office. It's still good!

Apparently as long as you submit everything by today and fax/email a pdf of the ED contract to them as a placeholder, and postmark the ED contract by today, you will still be considered ED. Might wanna call to double check just to make sure I didn't get lucky with the particular adcom I spoke to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”