Early Decision Help..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Del Fin

Early Decision Help..

Postby Del Fin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:41 pm

I plan on applying ED at UCLA; however, I can't electronically sign the ED form. What do I do? Am I suppose to print it out, sign it, scan it, and then attach it as an electronic document or do I mail it separately? Also, I'm only an hour away... should I just hand deliver it? The due date is the 15th and obviously if I snail mail it, the form it won't get there on time... is this ok?... I know.. I'm cutting it close, but any insight would be wonderful...

Also, what do you think my chances are with a 3.4/169... my softs include founding my own fraternity and holding large leadership positions up until my graduation, community service through the Care-To-Cure organization, and being a sponsored "professional" musician (I get paid, but not enough to really make this a primary job haha)...

Thanks for your help!

Re: Early Decision Help..

Postby 2014 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Usually by submitting online it implies a signature. Call them tomorrow to make sure, but if they want it actually signed get a fax number and find a fax machine to send it in.

Your chances are not very good, but ED is a good decision to give yourself the best chance. Are you a California resident? That would help.

Del Fin

Postby Del Fin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:46 pm

I am a california resident... As for the electronic signature, there is no box for me to type in my name (usually on the form there is a text box for you to click), which is why I'm confused..

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:51 pm

The ED form for UCLA (under "supplemental form") has a box at the top of it telling you to print out the ED agreement form, sign it, scan it, and email it to admissions@law.ucla.edu

Del Fin

Postby Del Fin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:56 pm

WOW... I can't believe I missed that... haha Thanks so much for your help guys.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm

FWIW..an ED applicant with a 3.45/169 has already been accepted this cycle to UCLA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”