weird writing sample

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dytelb

weird writing sample

Postby dytelb » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 am

Hi,
was wondering if you guys could give me your advice on something. My lsat writing sample is extremely messy handwriting wise, to the point of being illegible. This is bc I have a diagnosed motor disability when it comes to handwriting, which only affects the act of writing itself. My question is whether I should include a short addendum about the sample in my app, or whether this would actually be a bad idea and draw attention to something that doesn't really matter(in terms of the writing sample). Could I hurt my chances by submitting the addendum? Would love some suggestions. Thanks:)

capitalacq

Re: weird writing sample

Postby capitalacq » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:35 pm

dytelb wrote:Hi,
was wondering if you guys could give me your advice on something. My lsat writing sample is extremely messy handwriting wise, to the point of being illegible. This is bc I have a diagnosed motor disability when it comes to handwriting, which only affects the act of writing itself. My question is whether I should include a short addendum about the sample in my app, or whether this would actually be a bad idea and draw attention to something that doesn't really matter(in terms of the writing sample). Could I hurt my chances by submitting the addendum? Would love some suggestions. Thanks:)

does it just look really sloppy or does it look like you just drew random lines and didn't want to do the essay?

If it's the latter, then I'd just include a very short addendum (2-3 sentences) just so they know you weren't just blowing it off

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Yes--just don't handwrite the addendum.

deadpoetnsp

Postby deadpoetnsp » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:05 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Yes--just don't handwrite the addendum.

LOL!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”