Should I drop this class and retake it?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elcamino

Should I drop this class and retake it?

Postby elcamino » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi guys! So this is my situation.

I'm currently struggling in econometrics, which is a major core class for me. If I get an A in this class, my entire LSDAS GPA will end up being a 3.50, assuming that I will do well in my other classes, which is highly probable. My current GPA is a 3.42 and I can raise it up to a 3.50 by the end of this semester (last) but econometrics is hindering me from doing so. I think I will probably get somewhere in the B range, which will only raise my GPA to a maximum of 3.46-3.48.

So, should I end up dropping this class, get a non-punitive W and retake it and get an A with an overall GPA of 3.50 or should I just stick with it and end up somewhere in the B range, with a cumulative LSDAS GPA of 3.46-3.48?

stratocophic

Re: Should I drop this class and retake it?

Postby stratocophic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:45 pm

elcamino wrote:Hi guys! So this is my situation.

I'm currently struggling in econometrics, which is a major core class for me. If I get an A in this class, my entire LSDAS GPA will end up being a 3.50, assuming that I will do well in my other classes, which is highly probable. My current GPA is a 3.42 and I can raise it up to a 3.50 by the end of this semester (last) but econometrics is hindering me from doing so. I think I will probably get somewhere in the B range, which will only raise my GPA to a maximum of 3.46-3.48.

So, should I end up dropping this class, get a non-punitive W and retake it and get an A with an overall GPA of 3.50 or should I just stick with it and end up somewhere in the B range, with a cumulative LSDAS GPA of 3.46-3.48?
I don't think non-punitive Ws really matter, but that 0.02 isn't going to make a difference for you either. I'd stick with it just to avoid having to take the class again. You aren't above any good school's median GPA, so minute differences shouldn't hurt.

Postby 2014 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:13 pm

3.5 actually is a good barrier to get past, but what makes you think you will suddenly do better next semester?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”