A couple of ????'s

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

A couple of ????'s

Postby calihopeful » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:44 pm

1.) How accurate is LSP. It is telling me that I am consider at all schools other than HYS and CCN (where I am weak consider, but become consider if i choose ED)?? However, when posting on this site about my chances, I am brought back to reality.... I have a 169 and a 3.71 who should I trust when applying, LSP or TLS forums???

2.) Is there any benefit to submitting apps over the weekend as opposed to on a monday????

Re: A couple of ????'s

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Look at LSN. LSP is for lazy people.

Re: A couple of ????'s

Postby Pleasye » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:54 pm

1. LSP is accurate to a certain extent but fails to consider certain GPA and LSAT "floors" that schools have. Since it doesn't take those things into account it is sometimes too positive or too negative. For example, certain schools seem to have a soft "floor" at 3.5 and will not dip below that number even with a high LSAT. LSP doesn't take this into account and will be too positive in predicting the chances of a 3.3 applicant with a high LSAT.

2. The benefit of submitting your app on a weekend versus a monday is that you submitted your apps 1 or 2 days earlier than you otherwise would have. (November 13th versus November 15th).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”