Any t-14 students or graduates regret not EDing to GW?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jfb

Any t-14 students or graduates regret not EDing to GW?

Postby jfb » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:07 pm

As I think everyone on here knows, GW offers ED admits a full ride. Assuming that you would be happy going to school and working for a while in DC, do any current students or grads with t-14 numbers regret not EDing to GW and taking sticker or a lesser scholarship at a better ranked school?

Or do any current GW ED students wish that they would have taken the debt and gone to a t-14?

The Gentleman

Re: Any t-14 students or graduates regret not EDing to GW?

Postby The Gentleman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:22 pm

This is a great question, I would love to hear some responses as well.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:13 pm

I definitely don't regret not EDing to GW; in the long run, paying sticker (or close to sticker) at the top 6 is just worth more to me than a full ride anywhere else.

MW

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:I definitely don't regret not EDing to GW; in the long run, paying sticker (or close to sticker) at the top 6 is just worth more to me than a full ride anywhere else.

MW

I'm pretty sure OP was looking for stories from current students or grads of the T14 or GW EDers from years past, not people who are currently applying to law school.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:I definitely don't regret not EDing to GW; in the long run, paying sticker (or close to sticker) at the top 6 is just worth more to me than a full ride anywhere else.

MW

I'm pretty sure OP was looking for stories from current students or grads of the T14 or GW EDers from years past, not people who are currently applying to law school.

I'm really from the future, you know.

MW

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:32 pm

as a 1L, i am afraid enough of OCI. being at a regional school in DC of all places would scare the shit out of me. 1) DC is the most selective market 2) GULC is right down the street 3) UVA students have their sights on DC too 4) HYSCCN students often also want DC, with visions of appellate lit dancing in their heads. that doesn't leave a whole lot for GW students.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 pm

IAFG wrote:as a 1L, i am afraid enough of OCI. being at a regional school in DC of all places would scare the shit out of me. 1) DC is the most selective market 2) GULC is right down the street 3) UVA students have their sights on DC too 4) HYSCCN students often also want DC, with visions of appellate lit dancing in their heads. that doesn't leave a whole lot for GW students.

oh come on, the legal market but its not that bad. everyone going to GW isn't unemployed. plus, if I had to choose between unemployed w/ 250k debt v. unemployed and free... AMERICA IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!

jfb

Postby jfb » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

MW

Yes, I was hoping for input from current students or grads, even though MW is from the future.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

IAFG wrote:as a 1L, i am afraid enough of OCI. being at a regional school in DC of all places would scare the shit out of me. 1) DC is the most selective market 2) GULC is right down the street 3) UVA students have their sights on DC too 4) HYSCCN students often also want DC, with visions of appellate lit dancing in their heads. that doesn't leave a whole lot for GW students.

how would you rate placement in D.C.? Would it be the T13, then GULC, and then GW or is a GULC degree better in D.C. than some of the other T13 schools (and if so, which ones) ...of course assuming all things being equal (grades, class rank, etc.)

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm

MissLucky wrote:

how would you rate placement in D.C.? Would it be the T13, then GULC, and then GW or is a GULC degree better in D.C. than some of the other T13 schools (and if so, which ones) ...of course assuming all things being equal (grades, class rank, etc.)

for DC it doesn't make sense to do an "all other things equal" comparison, IMO. it's a grades-whoring market. if you want to DC, absolutely slaughter law school. it's the only way.

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am

MissLucky wrote:

I'm not sure what IAFG means by "slaughter" but I know that people at UVA who pull 3.4 GPA's (which I believe is like top third or something) pull DC firms. I'm sure that if you include PI work it varies even more than that.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am

Someone on here from GW told me they offer nearly as much $ for people with numbers good enough for the ED scholarship that apply regular decision. That way you can compare the $ from GW to other schools you get into.

jfb

Postby jfb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 am

Bump... Anyone else have any input on this???

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”