(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
adbabe

Postby adbabe » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:36 am

Last edited by adbabe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adbabe

Postby adbabe » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 am

Last edited by adbabe on Sun May 27, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

screwsandboalts

Re: waitlisted then rejected, reapply to same school or no?

Postby screwsandboalts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:40 am

definitely - i know tons of people who re-applied to schools they were rejected at and got in a second time around (not because of better lsat, but applied earlier)

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 am

Fee waivers seem to mean not a lot - schools like lots of applicants so they can deny a lot of applicants and look all selective, and stuff. It sounds better to say you admit 10% of your applicants than you admit 40% of your applicants - makes you seem all elite. However, it does seem that if you didn't receive them last year, and now did with new numbers, that they possibly are looking a little more favorably on you.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:34 am

Fee waivers usually mean nothing (eit pretty much explained it above). But schools will sometimes send their fee waivers out to certain general number ranges. Since you have a new (and thankfully higher :) ) LSAT score this time you are in a different range and are therefore getting waivers from schools that didn't send them last year. This still really means nothing in terms of your chances.

Considering you applied extremely late to your schools last year and were still waitlisted I would say that applying early should help your chances a lot and you should definitely apply to those schools again if you remain interested. The earliness of your applications and slightly higher numbers should turn out favorably. I don't know what schools you applied to and what your numbers are so I'm assuming that you applied to schools within a reasonable range last time so your chances should increase.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”