UC Hastings Resume Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swordsfish

UC Hastings Resume Question

Postby swordsfish » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 am

I was looking at the application for UC Hastings and on the resume portion, they say:

"be sure to account for all significant blocks of time since the completion of your undergraduate degree, including your activities this year while applying to law school "

I graduated June this past year and spent the summer studying for the LSAT up to October which is when I took it. I now have a temp job though a temp agency and am not sure how to present all of this information on my resume.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hawkeye Pierce

Re: UC Hastings Resume Question

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Last edited by Hawkeye Pierce on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swordsfish

Re: UC Hastings Resume Question

Postby swordsfish » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Shawh wrote:Uh, there's no reason to list studying for the LSAT on your resume. That's sort of a given. Just list the temp job (responsibilities / things you've accomplished) on your resume: Oct 2010 - Present, or something like that.

And of course include any other jobs/activities you had during your tenure as an undergraduate student (nothing before college).

Right, that's probably what I'll end up doing, but then on my resume, there will be this gap between June 2010 - Sept 2010. They explicitly want me to explain what I was doing for "significant blocks of time" and I was hoping there would be some way I could convey that for June-Sept. It'd be plain awkward to insert "studying for LSAT" into the resume, there's no doubt about that, but that's what I spent my time doing during those months.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”