Good Numbers/Questionable App Chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
markdyoung

New

Good Numbers/Questionable App Chances?

Post by markdyoung » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 am

This is my first post here, so feel free to give me the rookie treatment. I'm living in China doing volunteer teaching. LSAT = 164, 175. GPA = 3.8 from TTT undergrad. Also, have DUI (reduced to reckless driving) from when I was a sophomore in college. I think my PS is good, but I must admit that I have read better. I have excellent recs from two professors I worked closely with, and one from my University's president (we had a few conversations when I was in UG) that was tailored to each of HYSCCN. Basically, I want to know how people think having a low initial LSAT and a DUI will affect my chances at CCN. H and S are, I think, a little out of my reach, and I don't really think Y even exists (I think that LSAC invented it to get us all to donate more money). So, read my palm and tell my future, if you will be so kind. Any shot at CCN? H? SY (if the gods smile on me)?

ppa840

Bronze

Re: Good Numbers/Questionable App Chances?

Post by ppa840 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 am

The DUI will not hurt your application as much as you think. With an ED, you have a decent shot at CCN.

kazu

Gold

Re: Good Numbers/Questionable App Chances?

Post by kazu » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 am

I think you're in at CCN w/o ED. H too probably. YS is worth an app, but no guarantees (like everyone)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”