Scholarships for splitters with high LSAT/mediocre GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ComatoseClown

Scholarships for splitters with high LSAT/mediocre GPA?

Postby ComatoseClown » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:51 am

Do splitters with high LSATs have an equally fair shot at winning significant scholarship money? Are there ever cases where the LSAT is used MORE than the GPA to determine scholarship eligibility/amount? Any examples of this happening would be appreciated, thanks

whymeohgodno

Re: Scholarships for splitters with high LSAT/mediocre GPA?

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 am

Depends on your LSAT/GPA and what school.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:15 pm

In general it's difficult for splitters to get a ton of scholarship money because you can't boost both medians, however you're definitely in a better position than high GPA / low LSAT reverse splitters for both admissions and scholarships.

uci2013

Postby uci2013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:30 pm

WUSTL tends to value high LSATs for their scholarships and is friendly to splitters

I can say that U. TX Austin has a GPA cut off and an LSAT cut off for scholarships. I was told last year that I was .04 off from a scholarship by the admissions office. (I had a 3.56 and 3.6 was the cut off). I don't know if everyone above those cut offs get scholarships but those are the minimums to at least be considered unless. With TX you have to get a scholarship from what they consider a peer school from an exception to be made. WUSTL was not considered a peer school by them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”