Awards/Honors???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gatorbait
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 am

Awards/Honors???

Postby gatorbait » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:17 am

How important are they on one's application?

...like I have the usual: major honor society, dean's list, whatever...but nothing special. is this gonna kill me?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Awards/Honors???

Postby TT09 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 am

gatorbait wrote:How important are they on one's application?

...like I have the usual: major honor society, dean's list, whatever...but nothing special. is this gonna kill me?


Nope.

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Awards/Honors???

Postby capitalacq » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:06 pm

TT09 wrote:
gatorbait wrote:How important are they on one's application?

...like I have the usual: major honor society, dean's list, whatever...but nothing special. is this gonna kill me?


Nope.


+1


WITHOUT PREJUDICE UCC 1-308,
Capitalacq.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Awards/Honors???

Postby Kilpatrick » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm

What are the special honors you think you need to get into law school? Whatever they are, you don't need them. You need a good GPA and a good LSAT and if you can be native american that would be good too.

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: Awards/Honors???

Postby iphone7 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:What are the special honors you think you need to get into law school? Whatever they are, you don't need them. You need a good GPA and a good LSAT and if you can be native american that would be good too.


He's probably talking about things like ODK and ALD. I am actually going to my schools ODK induction ceremony in 30 minutes so it's good to know that it has no effect at all upon my application.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Awards/Honors???

Postby ahduth » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:22 pm

ODK and ALD sound like strange medical ailments or Taiwanese contract manufacturers.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CosmoPolly and 4 guests