Freaking out over details

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
catsparka

Freaking out over details

Postby catsparka » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:44 pm

I've submitted a couple of apps already, but I noticed that on my resume I wrote "Department GPA" instead of "Departmental GPA." Is the former technically incorrect, and if so, will it get me rejected? (Okay, kidding about that last bit, but do you think the adcomms will care about this?)

I know I'm probably being overly paranoid and neurotic, but please help! Thanks :)

joemoviebuff

Re: Freaking out over details

Postby joemoviebuff » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes, you're being overly paranoid. Nobody's gonna give a shit about that.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:51 pm

You clearly need more coffee, so as to prevent further errors of that kind.

canuck

Postby canuck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I spelt "led" as "lead" in my personal statement. Slightly bigger mistake, but hopefully most will be reading fast enough to whiz right over it.
What can you do though right? Life is life.

santisuk

Postby santisuk » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm sure it's fine. I bet they don't even notice. I misspelled the name of a school in the part of the application where they ask where else you're applying and just about gave myself a heart attack when I realized it. But really, if they were to deny me for that, I wouldn't want to be there anyway.

I totally understand the freaking out. This process is taking me way longer than it should because I keep checking things over and over and over...

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

canuck wrote:I spelt "led" as "lead" in my personal statement. Slightly bigger mistake, but hopefully most will be reading fast enough to whiz right over it.
What can you do though right? Life is life.

Well, you can drink more coffee. Or stronger coffee. Or a combination of the two.

Just no Four Loko. That shit'll make you black out.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 pm

santisuk wrote:I'm sure it's fine. I bet they don't even notice. I misspelled the name of a school in the part of the application where they ask where else you're applying and just about gave myself a heart attack when I realized it. But really, if they were to deny me for that, I wouldn't want to be there anyway.

I totally understand the freaking out. This process is taking me way longer than it should because I keep checking things over and over and over...

Yeah, every time I have an app ready to send, I always second-guess myself and do another re-read. And then I tell myself that I'm tired and that I should probably look over it again with a fresh eye in the morning... and so on. :/

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to make myself a nice cup of tea and just try to relax/not be so neurotic. :D

Good luck on your apps!

padthai

Postby padthai » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Completely agree. It takes me at least 3 hours to submit an app. It's exhausting! Have to make sure every comma is in its place...hahah

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”