Berkeley Timing

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Blindc1rca

Bronze

Berkeley Timing

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:27 pm

I submitted a request for a Public Service fee-waiver for Berkeley about a week ago, and on Monday they sent me an e-mail back saying that it was sent to their fee-waiver coordinator. I have heard nothing since, and haven't gotten responses to two e-mails that I sent them. I'm worried because I feel like if I don't get my application submitted by tomorrow, my chances for admission are going to drop substantially. What should I do?

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Re: Berkeley Timing

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm

also... am i worrying about nothing... or am i already late for berkeley?

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:49 pm

...anyone

mrmangs

Silver

Postby mrmangs » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm not sure. I don't think applying now or later would qualify you as an "early" applicant, although I've seen posts elsewhere (not about Berkeley specifically) that suggest otherwise. The only reason I say this is because if you look at last year's admission cycle, a lot of admits happened this month: http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... /Boalt.jpg. That said, I don't know if you'd be late in applying. Probably middle of the pack.

FWIW, I submitted my application in early Oct and am currently under review.

RTFM

Bronze

Postby RTFM » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Did you send the actual form? You can download it at http://www.law.berkeley.edu/39.htm.

I faxed it on 9/19 and was approved on 9/22. I never got an e-mail about a fee-waiver coordinator. They said there's only a limited number available, so it's possible that they're not going to give any more out, I really have no idea.

Even though you might have missed applying "really early," I think that as long as you apply by Thanksgiving you're still going to be "early." You could call them tomorrow and ask what's up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�