Is it ok to answer "Why Penn" within the PS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
skippy1

Is it ok to answer "Why Penn" within the PS?

Postby skippy1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Or would the supplemental essay have been a better way to do this? I'm not sure if they actually read the PS....

Veyron

Re: Is it ok to answer "Why Penn" within the PS?

Postby Veyron » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 pm

skippy1 wrote:Or would the supplemental essay have been a better way to do this? I'm not sure if they actually read the PS....

Supplemental is more bester.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 am

skippy1 wrote:Or would the supplemental essay have been a better way to do this? I'm not sure if they actually read the PS....

Penn's high enough on the totem pole that they need the soft factors to distinguish between candidates with near-identical numbers.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 am

HeavenWood wrote:

Penn's high enough on the totem pole that they need the soft factors to distinguish between candidates with near-identical numbers.

This is true, keep in mind that Penn still rejects a much larger % of applicants at every numerical point than its peers simply because the class is so small.

P.S. HeavenWood, on a scale of 1-10, how much does it terrify you that they thought me worthy of admission based in part on my "soft factors"?
Last edited by Veyron on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 am

Veyron wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

This is true, keep in mind that Penn still rejects a much larger % of applicants at ever numerical point than most peers simply because the class is so small.

P.S. HeavenWood, on a scale of 1-10, how much does it terrify you that they thought me worthy of admission based in part on my "soft factors"?

What are your soft factors?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:22 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Veyron wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

This is true, keep in mind that Penn still rejects a much larger % of applicants at ever numerical point than most peers simply because the class is so small.

What are your soft factors?

A warm and tender heart.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 am

Veyron wrote:A warm and tender heart.

Do you have any other soft tissue to speak of?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:26 am

HeavenWood wrote:

In all honesty, I did have pretty baller soft factors but to speak of them would immediately out me (not like any 1L in my section couldn't figure out who I am if they cared to).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 am

Veyron wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

In all honesty, I did have pretty baller soft factors but to speak of them would immediately out me (not like any 1L in my section couldn't figure out who I am if they cared to).

So then why worry about being outed?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 am

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

So then why worry about being outed?

Because I trust the people in my section more than random people on teh interwebs?

canuck

Postby canuck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 am

C'monnnnn. We won't tell anyone about all those schools you built in Ghana.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 am

Last edited by HeavenWood on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:36 am

canuck wrote:C'monnnnn. We won't tell anyone about all those schools you built in Ghana.

That wouldn't even come close to outing me at Penn.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:37 am

they read it as much as they'd read a why penn (probably pay more attention on PS since every why penn is the same)

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:40 am

capitalacq wrote:

they read it as much as they'd read a why penn (probably pay more attention on PS since every why penn is the same)

Lol at every why Penn being the same. Will you never cease commenting on the admissions processes of schools to which you did not even apply.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:46 am

Veyron wrote:
capitalacq wrote:

Lol at every why Penn being the same. Will you never cease commenting on the admissions processes of schools to which you did not even apply.

I apologize. Your "i love penn's cross-disciplinary curriculum" and "i was BORN for Penn's clinics" was unique

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 am

Veyron wrote:
Because I trust the people in my section more than random people on teh interwebs?

Fair enough. But why would it matter if you are outed to the people on the Interwebz? Besides, how can you be outed here since we wouldn't have any contact/interactions with you other than here?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 am

capitalacq wrote:I apologize. Your "i love penn's cross-disciplinary curriculum" and "i was BORN for Penn's clinics" was unique

I seriously doubt anyone else's why penn is even somewhat similar to mine.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:11 am

capitalacq wrote:
Veyron wrote:
capitalacq wrote:

I apologize. Your "i love penn's cross-disciplinary curriculum" and "i was BORN for Penn's clinics" was unique

Between your one dimensional writing ideas and your lousy #'s, I'm surprised you even got into uconn.

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:

Fair enough. But why would it matter if you are outed to the people on the Interwebz? Besides, how can you be outed here since we wouldn't have any contact/interactions with you other than here?

Because people on teh interwebz kno hao 2 use de google.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:19 am

Veyron wrote:

Ok, but what does it matter when someone across the country can match up Veyron with a real person via google. You don't interact with anyone on here IRL so it wouldn't matter if they knew. If that's the case I should change my username lol

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 am

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:

Ok, but what does it matter when someone across the country can match up Veyron with a real person via google. You don't interact with anyone on here IRL so it wouldn't matter if they knew. If that's the case I should change my username lol

I would expect someone with your WE to be wiser then this r6.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 am

Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:

I am comfortable with who I was, who I am, and who I will be.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 am

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:

I am comfortable with who I was, who I am, and who I will be.

And I'm very proud, really, I could cry. What a marvelous, self actualized, human being. *Sniff*

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am

Veyron wrote:
capitalacq wrote:
Veyron wrote:
capitalacq wrote:they read it as much as they'd read a why penn (probably pay more attention on PS since every why penn is the same)

Between your one dimensional writing ideas and your lousy #'s, I'm surprised you even got into uconn.

someone still seems bitter about a mailbox full of rejections

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:58 am

Veyron wrote:
And I'm very proud, really, I could cry. What a marvelous, self actualized, human being. *Sniff*

Just another speck of sand in the bottom of the ocean.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”