LSDAS GPA surprise

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jonc4

LSDAS GPA surprise

Postby jonc4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I found out my LSDAS GPA today and it was about .05 lower than I had calculated it. I know that's not a huge amount but I was already on the lower end of the GPS scale for the schools I am interested in.

I'd like to figure out what went wrong and have them recalculate it, but that apparently takes 10 days, plus I need to wait to get a copy of my UG transcript. Is it worth it to try to resolve this and wait to apply? Or should I just apply now (with an addendum, maybe?) and send then new information when I get it?

whymeohgodno

Re: LSDAS GPA surprise

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

jonc4 wrote:I found out my LSDAS GPA today and it was about .05 lower than I had calculated it. I know that's not a huge amount but I was already on the lower end of the GPS scale for the schools I am interested in.

I'd like to figure out what went wrong and have them recalculate it, but that apparently takes 10 days, plus I need to wait to get a copy of my UG transcript. Is it worth it to try to resolve this and wait to apply? Or should I just apply now (with an addendum, maybe?) and send then new information when I get it?

Did you retake any classes?

Is your school scale the same as the LSAC GPA scale? Some school's B- are higher than LSAC version of a B- etc.

jonc4

Postby jonc4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:40 pm

I calculated it using the what I thought was the LSAC scale: A+ = 4.33, A = 4, A- = 3.67 and so on, and I didn't retake any classes.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 pm

jonc4 wrote:I calculated it using the what I thought was the LSAC scale: A+ = 4.33, A = 4, A- = 3.67 and so on, and I didn't retake any classes.

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm

Double check?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”