Too late for Michigan ED?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
daydreamer

Too late for Michigan ED?

Postby daydreamer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

The website says you must be complete by Nov. 15th and suggest that you apply by Nov. 1st in order to have all aspects of your application processed and sent...Two weeks seems like a long time, especially because everything is done electronically.

I want to apply Michigan ED but I'm still waiting on a LOR and I want to polish up one of the optional essays before I submit. I'm afraid I might be too late for ED and I should probably just work on making my application as polished as possible and apply RD.

What do you guys think?

Kabuo

Re: Too late for Michigan ED?

Postby Kabuo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I think you're probably too late. I submitted my LSAC report to them on the 1st, and they let me email them my PS, addendum, and resume separately. I sent them that email on the 8th, and they acknowledged receiving it, but my app is still not complete. If you want to get in with a slight chance at still being ED, submit without that LOR and just send in what you have. Otherwise, polish it all up for RD.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

I remember someone saying that Michigan let them apply ED a week or two after the deadline. Can't remember if it was a LSN profile or someone on TLS. But they emailed the admissions office to ask for an extension. If you're serious about EDing at Mich, then shoot them an email explaining your situation. The worst that could happen is that they say no.

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:34 pm

daydreamer wrote:The website says you must be complete by Nov. 15th and suggest that you apply by Nov. 1st in order to have all aspects of your application processed and sent...Two weeks seems like a long time, especially because everything is done electronically.

I want to apply Michigan ED but I'm still waiting on a LOR and I want to polish up one of the optional essays before I submit. I'm afraid I might be too late for ED and I should probably just work on making my application as polished as possible and apply RD.

What do you guys think?

I submitted my ED app to Michigan on 11/4, and just today, 11/11 received confirmation that they had received my initial application documents. I also was concerned, so I called the office, and was informed that they are trying to give priority to ED applicants when filing the apps, and that I'd be informed before the 11/15 deadline if I was missing something. I interpreted the information I was given to suggest that if I didn't get a call, since they had received all my info and were giving priority to processing ED apps, that I'd make the deadline.

But it did take a week for them to receive my application, so idk if you'll be able to get it received before the 15th. But it's worth a try! Good luck!

daydreamer

Postby daydreamer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Okay thanks all. Still waiting for my last LOR... :?

cortnf

Postby cortnf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Best would be to just write an email. I did the same asking about my LORs getting there in time, and they said email attachments from the recommender's personal email are fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”