LOR faxed a week ago. Still not received. Is this unusual?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mtrl

LOR faxed a week ago. Still not received. Is this unusual?

Postby mtrl » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi TLS, I was just wondering if I should be concerned that one of my LORs, faxed a week ago, still hasn't been received in the system yet. I've searched the forums for average processing time and it seems like it's generally much faster than this for faxed LORs. There's been no movement on my account, including nothing saying that an unclear fax was sent (according to an LSAC rep). The LSAC rep said that they are very busy with letters of recommendation at the moment so I should wait a couple more days and then resend, but this kind of backlog seems very unusual for a faxed letter.

Has anyone else had a particularly long wait for a faxed LOR to be processed?

im_blue

Re: LOR faxed a week ago. Still not received. Is this unusual?

Postby im_blue » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:56 pm

If you're pressing up against ED deadlines, I would get the LORs refaxed soon.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:57 pm

I have the same problem. Faxed on Friday and I'm hoping I don't have to resend!

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Faxed Monday afternoon, no update, so its consistent. I figure they are just now getting really bogged down. Although I had the presence of mind to have my people fax AND mail them just in case- I recommend you re fax and ask to be mailed as well just in case. Explain that you think LSAC already lost it once and so you want to be extra careful.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Ugh only asked my professors to fax them. I think they will get cranky if it fails the first time and I ask them to refax...

mst

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:Faxed Monday afternoon, no update, so its consistent. I figure they are just now getting really bogged down. Although I had the presence of mind to have my people fax AND mail them just in case- I recommend you re fax and ask to be mailed as well just in case. Explain that you think LSAC already lost it once and so you want to be extra careful.

Hmm, I had one of mine fax it Sunday and it got processed Monday around noon. Re-fax. Keep in mind that LSAC does not accept and process letters that are unclear/faxed in poor quality, so use a good machine. Also, send it in the mail overnight too if you need it the 15th processed. And then make sure any schools that you are EDing or EAing to by the 15th have pulled it for their records on time. Hurry, you only have 2/3 business days.

mst

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:01 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Ugh only asked my professors to fax them. I think they will get cranky if it fails the first time and I ask them to refax...

Just bring preaddressed and stamped envelopes too so they can send back-up copies. You'll regret not doing so if the fax fails again and you have to go back a 3rd time.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:49 pm

mst wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Ugh only asked my professors to fax them. I think they will get cranky if it fails the first time and I ask them to refax...

Just bring preaddressed and stamped envelopes too so they can send back-up copies. You'll regret not doing so if the fax fails again and you have to go back a 3rd time.

I already gave them envelopes but I asked them to fax it instead. I thought they would get annoyed if I asked them to both mail and fax.

mst

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 pm

As long as you've asked after they've written the letter, who cares if they get a bit annoyed? :wink:

jwaters

Postby jwaters » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:07 am

Everyone is sending stuff in now. Be patient.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 am

jwaters wrote:Everyone is sending stuff in now. Be patient.

Gonna be a lot of anxious applicants waiting for LSAC processing between now and Nov. 15 ED deadlines.

cpsuttle

Postby cpsuttle » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 pm

When my LOR was faxed it was processed after 3 days and that was about a week and a half ago. You might want to just call LSAC and make sure that they at least received it. When I talked to the LSAC people they said sometimes if you don't fax a copy in a high enough resolution it can take them over 2 weeks to process your LOR :shock:

Wactawshus

Postby Wactawshus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 pm

One of my Letters was mailed 2 weeks ago and there was no movement on my account. I called LSAC yesterday and asked for the proper fax # and was then going to ask my prof. to fax it. The rep on the phone gave me the fax# and confirmed that the letter in question had not been received. 10 minutes later when I checked my account...presto... it had been processed. Make of that what you will, but I do think they are busy.

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 pm

My profs sent their's in by overnight on Thursday and they each arrived at LSAC by Friday and were processed and updated on my account yesterday.

jwaters

Postby jwaters » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Just got off the phone with LSAC about my letter that was sent about 3 weeks ago\....she said it wasnt processed because my recommender forgot to sign the f'n letter. This is so frustrating.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”