Actual Numbers for Admitted Students? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sophicad

New

Actual Numbers for Admitted Students?

Post by sophicad » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 am

I'm familiar with the usual statistics.. medians, percentiles. Are actual numbers for admitted students released by law schools? For example, is there a way to find out what the actual highest gpa or lsat score admitted to a school was in any given year? I'm not sure how useful that would be, but knowing I'm "above the 75th percentile" isn't quite as reassuring as knowing "my gpa is better than all of the actual students who matriculated last year"

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Re: Actual Numbers for Admitted Students?

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:09 am

sophicad wrote:I'm familiar with the usual statistics.. medians, percentiles. Are actual numbers for admitted students released by law schools? For example, is there a way to find out what the actual highest gpa or lsat score admitted to a school was in any given year? I'm not sure how useful that would be, but knowing I'm "above the 75th percentile" isn't quite as reassuring as knowing "my gpa is better than all of the actual students who matriculated last year"

some schools release this but few in the top fourteen do.
Yale did, only because I think they feel sympathetic for the kids who keep sending in their apps and have below their lowest accepted GPA or LSAT.

bdubs

Gold

Re: Actual Numbers for Admitted Students?

Post by bdubs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

sophicad wrote:I'm familiar with the usual statistics.. medians, percentiles. Are actual numbers for admitted students released by law schools? For example, is there a way to find out what the actual highest gpa or lsat score admitted to a school was in any given year? I'm not sure how useful that would be, but knowing I'm "above the 75th percentile" isn't quite as reassuring as knowing "my gpa is better than all of the actual students who matriculated last year"
Why do you care if you would have been be the admit with the highest GPA last cycle?

1) It isn't relevant to this cycle, crazy grade inflation may have caught up to you.
2) Once you pass a certain GPA threshold, the school just wont care anymore (i.e. 4.0)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”