LoR question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ma456

LoR question

Postby ma456 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:13 pm

One of my recs is going to be in by next week but my other teacher just notified me that a bunch of work came up and she won't get it done until Dec. 1st. My top choice is NYU and they only require one LoR (though they recommend two). Should I send my app in before Thanksgiving with just the one rec (from an electives prof who loved me) or wait and send it with the other (my thesis adviser who wasn't as involved with the students)? My stats are 3.87/171.

whymeohgodno

Re: LoR question

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Before Thanksgiving vs December 1st isn't a HUGE difference. Get them to fax it and it should process the day of or by the next day.

St.Remy

Re: LoR question

Postby St.Remy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:16 pm

ma456 wrote:One of my recs is going to be in by next week but my other teacher just notified me that a bunch of work came up and she won't get it done until Dec. 1st. My top choice is NYU and they only require one LoR (though they recommend two). Should I send my app in before Thanksgiving with just the one rec (from an electives prof who loved me) or wait and send it with the other (my thesis adviser who wasn't as involved with the students)? My stats are 3.87/171.

It's going to take her a month to bang out two pages about you? She doesn't sound very committed to singing your praises. You could send in your app now and have the letter sent when it gets to LSAC, but honestly December 1st isn't super late for an application submission. I doubt that mid November vs. early December is the deciding factor for many applicants.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”