Parent Bio on Apps

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ship87

Parent Bio on Apps

Postby Ship87 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey,

Quick question here. When writing a parent's relation to you, would you specifically include "Step-father"? In my personal statement, I talk about how my mom left an abusive relationship with my biological father and left Albania to study in the U.S. I don't want to confuse the admissions committee that the person I am listing as my father is that abusive father. Also, I am a a permanent resident while my step-father is a U.S. Citizen so I don't want to confuse committee with that either. Should I write step father in the relationship box or is that wierd somehow?

Thanks in advance for you rhelp.

AreJay711

Re: Parent Bio on Apps

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Ship87 wrote:Hey,

Quick question here. When writing a parent's relation to you, would you specifically include "Step-father"? In my personal statement, I talk about how my mom left an abusive relationship with my biological father and left Albania to study in the U.S. I don't want to confuse the admissions committee that the person I am listing as my father is that abusive father. Also, I am a a permanent resident while my step-father is a U.S. Citizen so I don't want to confuse committee with that either. Should I write step father in the relationship box or is that wierd somehow?

Thanks in advance for you rhelp.

It won't be weird for the adcomms. Might be weird for you if you consider him your father not your step-father but whatever.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”