Worried that LoR is with wrong cover sheet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gbpackerbacker

Worried that LoR is with wrong cover sheet?

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I recently made a post that I was worried that one of my profs that wrote me three letters of recommendation but the mixed up the LoRs and cover sheets (Ex: Cooley LoR going to listed under cover sheet "For Yale Law"). Obviously if this were the case, then it could ruined all of my applications (if "For all law schools was actually a letter meant for Stanford, etc). In any event,

I called LSAC today and they made me aware that they check ever LoR to make sure that it is matched up correctly. I guess that $160 does actually go somewhere. So if you are paranoid, you need not worry...

catsparka

Re: Worried that LoR is with wrong cover sheet?

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:49 pm

I've been kind of paranoid about this too.

But when you say that they check every LOR to see if it's matched up correctly, do you mean that they actually read through the LOR to verify that if the LOR mentions a specific school name, the LOR form that it is attached to is indeed for that school? For instance, suppose a recommender writes "...good candidate at X Law School" in L1. Then do they check that against the LOR form for L1 and verify that it says "For X Law School"?

Okay sorry if this is like super paranoid. About to submit my apps and obviously going crazy neurotic here.

gbpackerbacker

Re: Worried that LoR is with wrong cover sheet?

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:07 pm

That is what the woman on the phone said.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”