quick question about the scholarship page of the NYU app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tlslsnlsp

quick question about the scholarship page of the NYU app

Postby tlslsnlsp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:00 am

am i hurting or helping my chances of being accepted by either putting my name down or not putting my name down for consideration for these scholarships? i'm a borderline applicant (3.6 / 172), non urm and not a nobel prize winner or anything, which is my way of saying i'm probably not gonna get any of these scholarships. thanks in advance, guys.

tlslsnlsp

Re: quick question about the scholarship page of the NYU app

Postby tlslsnlsp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 am

bumpity bump

mst

Postby mst » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

I have literally the exact same numbers, and I didn't. It's important to keep in mind that some of those programs have stipulations (aka I don't feel like feigning a huge interest in Public Interest for the rest of my life). I don't know how this is going to work out application-wise, but I'll let you know in a month or two.

tlslsnlsp

Postby tlslsnlsp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:25 pm

that was my gut reaction too. i know i wont get any of them, and even though i know there's no effort in signing my name, i figure its best to be honest about my level of enthusiasm about the programs by just not signing them. anyone else have a different take?

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, if you do don't you have to submit another rec and public interest essay? If you're not sure about whether or not to apply and you are about to submit your completed app, I would say just let it go...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”