Study Abroad Clarification Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rockspaperjesus

New

Study Abroad Clarification

Post by rockspaperjesus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 am

I know there have been a lot of posts about this lately, and I'm sorry to be repetitive, but I'm still confused about this issue and I'm hoping someone might have a clear answer. My undergrad institution didn't have its own program where I wanted to study abroad, so I enrolled in an independent study abroad program (CET). My school treats study abroad courses as transfer courses - they appear on my transcript, but only as the name of the course and the credit hours received. The courses don't factor into my GPA and the grades are not on my transcript. I've read a lot of conflicting information about whether or not to request a transcript. I was there for less than year, so it doesn't seem necessary according to LSAC's policies, but I've read quite a few comments that say otherwise. I'm going to call LSAC tomorrow, but can anyone provide a straight forward answer to this in the meantime? I know my case is somewhat specific, but I'm sure some of you have dealt with something similar.

im_blue

Gold

Re: Study Abroad Clarification

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 am

Your study abroad transcript is not required since it was less than a full year.

asoli

New

Re: Study Abroad Clarification

Post by asoli » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm

I studied abroad through Butler and my school included the courses, with grades, on my transcript. LSAC still wanted a transcript from Butler, but they didn't include it on their report because it's from an institution outside of the United States. Schools will still get a copy of the transcript though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”