Misspelled word in Why?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 am

Misspelled "knowledgeable" halfway through Why? essay. Spell check turned off for damn spanish assignment.

If i only submitted the application yesterday, is replacing the essay an option? Thanks in advance 4 da help

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:50 am

Wait from my googling it looks like either "knowledgable" or "knowledgeable" is correct. Any opinions?

McDeere
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby McDeere » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 am

They probably won't notice/care

User avatar
ricking1288
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby ricking1288 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am

hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 am

ricking1288 wrote:hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???

weak.. :roll:

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby mst » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

ricking1288 wrote:hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???


hahahaha i thought of this too but i wasnt referring to myself in the paper. It was a quote and was referring to being "knowledgeable" in a certain area of the law

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 pm

mst wrote:If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).


ya its a reach school but not of my my favs. Why I am hesitant about replacing it is apparently "knowledgable" IS ALSO a correct spelling. Has anyone seen it spelled like this?

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
mst wrote:If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).


ya its a reach school but not of my my favs. Why I am hesitant about replacing it is apparently "knowledgable" IS ALSO a correct spelling. Has anyone seen it spelled like this?


I wouldn't notice this if I were reading your PS. Adcomms might but I doubt it. Can't really say if I've ever seen it that way before but I doubt you will get dinged because of that.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
mst wrote:If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).


ya its a reach school but not of my my favs. Why I am hesitant about replacing it is apparently "knowledgable" IS ALSO a correct spelling. Has anyone seen it spelled like this?


I wouldn't notice this if I were reading your PS. Adcomms might but I doubt it. Can't really say if I've ever seen it that way before but I doubt you will get dinged because of that.


yeah, thats what im hoping. it was pretty far down in my Why X? statement so im thinking they prob wont notice; I literally read over my entire application 8 or 9 times before submitting and didnt even notice

User avatar
ziggie
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby ziggie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:12 pm

I misspelled something on my Mich app, emailed them the next day and asked if they accepted updated material and they were really nice ab letting me send them everything in an attachment! I didn't tell them that it was bc I misspelled something and they didn't ask
Last edited by ziggie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

ziggie wrote:I misspelled something on my Mich app, emailed them the next day and asked if they accepted updated material and they were really nice ab letting me send them everything in an attachment! I didn't tell them that it was bc I misspelled something, but they didn't ask, either.


thanks bud, i just sent them an email asking if it was possible. Thank god they let you replace the material for the mich app. From reading Dean Z's blog she is a HUGGGGEEE stickler for grammar and spelling

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Postby eskimogirl » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 am

i did the same with my duke app. they just had me email an attachment as well and sent me a response letting me know my file had been updated. i didn't tell them why and they didn't ask. very simple process.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], oliviaj_j and 5 guests